Why this organisation is a great place to work:
Benetas is a not for profit organisation dedicated to supporting older Victorians and their friends and carers through a range of services. Our services include a network of residential aged care homes, independent living villages, as well as respite and home care services. We also provide In Home Nursing services for people of all ages. We are proud of the significant impact we make to the community through our commitment to research and advocacy on behalf of older people as well as our One Wish program and Hardship fund. Benetas was founded by the Anglican Diocese of Melbourne in 1948.
Benetas is committed to its people. Seventy-nine per cent of Benetas staff say Benetas is 'A truly great place to work.' We care about our people's health and wellbeing and invest significantly in their development.
We take pride in being a diverse and inclusive employer. We respect and value differences and we encourage people of all ages and backgrounds to apply.
Benetas is a recognised leader in Gender Equality, having been awarded an Employer of Choice citation by the Workplace Gender Equality Agency for 11 years in a row. This year, Benetas also became a White Ribbon Workplace.
- Casual, Part-time and Full time work available with flexible start and finish times
- Job sharing
- 8 weeks primary carers parental leave/ 2 weeks secondary carers parental leave
- 'Stay in touch' program for team members on parental leave
- Benetas leadership Development Program
- Training and development
- Benetas Scholarship Program
- Exceptional Circumstances leave (Domestic and Family Violence leave)
- Employee Assistance Program
- Salary Packaging for all staff (including casuals) to reduce your tax and increase your take home pay
- Meals and Entertainment benefit
- Purchased leave - purchase additional two or four weeks of annual leave so you can take additional annual leave
- Recognition and Reward Program
- Refer a friend cash bonus program
- Paid superannuation on paid parental leave for primary carers
- Employer of Choice for Gender Equality 2007 to present
- White Ribbon Workplace 2017
- AHRI Awards 2016 CEO Diversity Champion Finalist
- Leading Aged Care Services (lASA) Excellence Award People and Culture
- Fair and Flexible Employer Award, Victorian Government Working Families Council 2010
What some of our employees say:
79% of our staff say Benetas is a "Truly Great Place to Work", we asked them why...
"I love the way my fellow colleagues are passionate about aged care services".
"Wonderful residents and staff. Great values."
"Great organisation and management, and also very kind people here!"
"Working with an enthusiastic team with the spirit of love and support to all."
"The staff are fantastic, very caring towards residents and their families."
More about Benetas:
Number of employees: 1400
Level 1, 789 Toorak Road
Hawthorn East Victoria 3124
(03) 8823 7900