#Closer #Braver #Faster
As a mid-level service designer, you will be working on projects that develop quality service experiences contributing to the delivery of customer centric IAG products and services. You will work collaboratively on a wide range of projects using human-centred and participatory design methods to frame problems and work on delivering solutions to our customers.
Techniques may include the facilitation of workshops, developing service blueprints at both a touchpoint and end to end service level, and using other methods. You will work across our brands from innovation to BAU projects supported by a team of cross-discipline designers.
You will be working with a team of designers in collaboration with business, channel and product experts to bring to life new products and services that will deliver both beautiful customer experiences and business outcomes.
Your job responsibilities will include, but not limited to:
- Continue to build practical craft and skills in service design and build the team through execution in practice, internal and external networks.
- Work with a team of designers to deliver beautiful customer experiences. Have an awareness of the skills below including skilled application of at least 5 of the key areas.
- User research techniques: Plan and conduct research activities with confidence engaging with customers and business using ethnographic and participatory methods, mediating between customer and business needs.
- Customer focussed validation: Support the planning and running of sessions that validate customer needs.
- Behavioural design: Use discovery, user goal mapping, motivational analysis, behavioural change models and behavioural economics to map pathways to transformational customer experiences.
- Communication: Be a storyteller, translating and communicating results in way that articulates the value, relevance and impact of new ideas.
- Systems thinking: Use techniques such as service blueprinting, root cause analysis, and lean approaches to ensure service design deliverables connect end user experience and business operations.
- Data analysis: Ability to reference and apply data from key artefacts including journey maps, root cause analysis, segmentation to define problems.
- Synthesis: Use a range of problem solving techniques, including process improvement, innovation, and key research techniques to deliver actionable service proposals.
- Prototyping: Ability to apply a range of prototyping techniques that make intangible future service experiences tangible. Continually extend your knowledge of methodology and the best application to use for each problem - (Wayfinding, bodystorming, modelling, and use of tools including Sketch, Balsamiq, Axure, Adobe Creative Suite.)
- Workshop facilitation: Facilitate and support workshops enabling diverse groups of stakeholders to share the valuable information from which original concepts can be developed.
- User testing: Plan and conduct user interviews, synthesise and gather data and avoid key biases.
- Take responsibility for preparing for and documenting the output of design activities, including the support of more junior designers.
- Source knowledge insights and data from customers, business and analysts identifying root causes and opportunities to develop original concepts.
- Share ideas, introduce new ways of looking at problems and be open to other opinions and views.
- Balance innovation and pragmatism.
- Increases knowledge of different design techniques and when to apply them.
- Encourages diverse thinking to promote and nurture innovation.
- Master new approaches with little supervision.
- Ensure proposed solutions will benefit customer and business.
- Encourage your peers and stakeholders to explore alternative views.
- Co-present at conferences and events
Skills & Experience
- Previous experience working in a design capacity
- Exposure to operating in a large corporate design team (e.g. Insurance, Financial Service, Customer Service) in a consulting or in-house capacity.
- Exposure to both client side and agency/consultancy work would be a plus
- Strong ability to visualise and story-tell complex information and drive action.
- Good knowledge of UX design viewed favourably
- Good conceptual reasoning skills and the ability to work with ambiguity
- Curious mind, with the ability to make sense of the larger picture
- Service design skills:
- Maker skills (prototyping, visualisation)
- Conceptual Thinking
- Establishing and maintaining trust
- Results Orientation
- Systems Thinking
- Undergraduate degree or advanced diploma in a design related discipline.
At IAG, we believe that everyone has a unique point of view to share, shaped by their life experiences, cultures & passions. We celebrate and commit to:
#Proud to be me – we value difference, not sameness
#Together – harnessing our collective wisdom enables us to be our best for our customers & each other
#No boxes – it’s not about labels, boxes or categories. It’s about building a diverse and inclusive mindset into everything we do
IAG is the largest general insurance group in Australia and New Zealand. IAG owns some of the region’s most trusted brands, including NRMA Insurance, CGU, SGIO, SGIC and WFI.
Start your career journey with us and click ‘Apply’!
In addition to a diverse and inclusive culture, some of our benefits include 13% superannuation, 50% insurance discounts, flexible work and leave options, generous parental leave and return to work program, recognition and reward program, and various corporate partner discounts.
We encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders to apply for this position.
Please note, applications close Sunday 25th August.