#CLOSER #BRAVER #FASTER
We have an exciting 12-month opportunity for a Workers’ Compensation Claims Technical Specialist to join our team at IAG and work in our fabulous offices in Melbourne CBD.
The purpose of the role and your unique contribution is to provide team members with guidance, support and coaching in relation to technical and legal aspects of the claims’ management process. This includes review of claims, endorsement of decisions, and attending case conferences with claims staff and employers as required.
• Support the Team Leader to influence and achieve maximum performance results in the areas of service delivery, return to work, and claim liability management across a claims team
• Ensure compliance requirements are achieved and maintained to support WorkSafe claims management and legislative expectations
• Coordinate the delivery and completion of exception reporting which ensures claims teams consistently adhere to legislated requirements and guidelines
• Attend and coordinate case conferences which supports Claims Consultants strategising claims efficiently and effectively enabling entitlements to be appropriately assessed in accordance with legislative requirements
• Provide day to day supervision and development of the aligned claims team in conjunction with the Team Leader
• Financial authority: obtain management approval
• Budgetary responsibility: obtain management approval
• Delegated authority: make decisions in accordance with legislation
Skills & Experience
• Previous experience as and Technical Manager/Advisor or Extensive Workers’ Compensation Claims Consultant experience (essential)
• Excellent time management and decision-making skills.
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
• High attention to detail.
• Experience in handling a complex and diverse portfolio of Workers’ Compensation Claims.
• Show leadership attributes and an ability to confidently voice opinions.
• Offer expertise which results in a positive claim outcome.
• Provide professional technical advice to colleagues through training and coaching.
At IAG, we believe that everyone has a unique point of view to share, shaped by their life experiences, cultures & passions. We celebrate and commit to:
#Proud to be me – we value difference, not sameness
#Together – harnessing our collective wisdom enables us to be our best for our customers & each other
#No boxes – it’s not about labels, boxes or categories. It’s about building a diverse and inclusive mindset into everything we do
IAG is the largest general insurance group in Australia and New Zealand. We own some of the region’s most trusted brands, including NRMA Insurance, CGU, SGIO, SGIC and WFI.
Start your career journey with us and click ‘Apply’!
In addition to a diverse and inclusive culture, some of our benefits include 13% superannuation, 50% insurance discounts, flexible work and leave options, generous parental leave and return to work program, recognition and reward program, and various corporate partner discounts.
We encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders to apply for this position.