AustralianSuper is Australia's leading pension fund with more than AU$172B billion of funds under management, and we're growing quickly. Key to our continued success has been our global investment strategy, which has seen us expand our internalised investment operations into new geographies, while continuing to develop our portfolio into new asset classes and markets.
Here’s where you come in:
To support the growth of AustralianSuper we are seeking 2 Senior Analysts - Portfolio Operations who will be responsible for supporting both trade operations and investment data management related activities. This role represents an outstanding opportunity to work closely with the dealing and execution team in the UK and across various security types, including equity, fixed income, FX, ETDS and OTC Swaps.
In this role, your responsibilities will include:
- Ensuring executed trades are processed accurately and timely by conducting post trade confirmations with counterparties and providing trade instructions to custodian for the purpose of trade capturing and settlements.
- Resolving trade confirmation and settlement issues effectively and within deadlines by engaging service provider, counterparties and internal stakeholders in a proactive manner.
- Keeping abreast with lifecycle events of fixed income, OTC and FX forward instruments and ensuring transactional lifecycle events are processed accurately and timely.
- Ensuring security set ups in the portfolio management system (PMS) have accurate attributes by validating it on data vendor platforms, translating term sheets, loan agreements and updating the PMS with the correct values.
- Ensuring portfolio set up & maintenance is completed, including maintenance of other internal structures, such as fund & pricing hierarchies,
- Identifying, investigating and resolving data exceptions and data quality issues on a timely basis.
- Conducting cash and positions reconciliation, resolve exceptions by analysing various data sources and investigating with service providers.
- Significant experience in investment management or pension fund/asset owner with investment operations capability.
- A broad and deep understanding of financial markets and financial instruments across multiple asset classes.
- Trade operations experience on the “Buy Side” including execution support (with the market) &/or order management support (with custodians /administrators).
- Strong understanding of data management functions and usage of investment data in its various forms, structures and outcomes to meet end user requirements.
- Experience in Aladdin is essential.
- Proficient user of trade confirmation platforms (Omgeo CTM, MarkitWire, DS Match, ICE Clear, FXall)
- Tertiary qualifications in Commerce or Finance disciplines
In addition you will have strong investigation, data analytical and attention to detail skills, as well as the ability to influence internal and external stakeholders You will also have the ability to work well under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
We believe embracing diversity in thought and perspective helps introduce new and better ways of doing business, delivering better outcomes for our members.
If you would like the opportunity to work in a challenging, growing and rapidly evolving environment to deliver outstanding results that benefit members, please apply now!
Please note, this role is deemed to be an Access Person role. Disclosure and Personal Trading requirements apply to the successful candidate
Agencies please note: this vacancy is being managed directly by AustralianSuper’s Recruitment team. We will contact our preferred agency partners should we require additional support. Thank you.