- Help support IAG's purpose of ‘making your world a safer place'
- Permanent opportunity available within the IAG Risk Partners team
- 13% superannuation & tool of trade vehicle provided
About the Role
An opportunity has become available for a Safety Risk Consultant to join our Risk Partners team in Perth. In this role, you will deliver best practice safety risk management advice and innovation to our customers, IAG underwriting teams and our preferred partners. You will work with customer to develop safety risk management strategies, risk solutions and options that improve safety, reduce risk and support a safer culture. In addition, you will provide appropriate information to support underwriter decision making for quality risk selection and risk pricing.
- Provide education, advice and support to customers, partners and underwriters in best practice safety risk management
- Deliver accurate, comprehensive and timely written reports that conform to Risk Partners’ technical and service delivery frameworks and guidelines
- Provide risk reviews and reports for underwriters on new clients, as required
- Research safety information for brokers, clients and underwriters, as required
- Maintain industry knowledge relevant to the client portfolio, regulatory change, compliance and Australian and International standards
- Work with underwriters and intermediaries to grow safety risk management income
- Build and maintain strong relationships with the underwriters, key intermediaries, preferred partners and customers to create and deliver client value across the IAG Business Units
- Provide strategic and practical advice for improving safety and safety management system.
Skills & Experience
- Diploma in Work Health and Safety or equivalent
- OHSMS Management Systems Auditing qualifications
- Certificate IV in Workplace Training and Assessment
- Minimum 5 years OHS/WHS experience
- Understanding of how insurance brokers and underwriters operate within the Workers Compensation system would be viewed favourably
- Experience in conducting workplace inspections, hazard identification and risk assessment reviews
- Experience in auditing against Standards including ISO45001, AS/NZS 4801 and the National Self Insurance Audit Tool
- Advanced knowledge in the development and implementation of safety management systems
- Experience reporting on and critically analysing risk performance including providing guidance and recommendations
- Knowledge of relevant legislations, codes of practice and established Standards pertaining to safety and risk management
- Proven ability to engage broadly and communicate effectively with a range of stakeholders, operating with a strong strategic and forward-thinking mindset
- Experience in understanding client exposures and risks, and how to effectively develop and communicate mitigation strategies.
At IAG, we believe that everyone has a unique point of view to share, shaped by their life experiences, cultures & passions. We celebrate and commit to:
#Proud to be me – we value difference, not sameness
#Together – harnessing our collective wisdom enables us to be our best for our customers & each other
#No boxes – it’s not about labels, boxes or categories; It’s about building a diverse and inclusive mindset into everything we do
IAG is the largest general insurance group in Australia and New Zealand. We own some of the region’s most trusted brands, including NRMA Insurance, CGU, SGIO, SGIC and WFI.
Start your career journey with us and click ‘Apply’! Applications close on 21st of October 2019
In addition to a diverse and inclusive culture, some of our benefits include 13% superannuation, 50% insurance discounts, flexible work and leave options, generous parental leave and return to work program, recognition and reward program, and various corporate partner discounts.
We encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders to apply for this position. #LI-AU