#Closer #Braver #Faster
- Specialist, Professional Services
- Sydney based
- Application close date 15 October
The purpose of your role and unique contribution is to drive sustainable value across the professional service categories of spend through the development and execution of category, sourcing and supplier strategies. This includes ensuring the function supports the IAG strategy of driving operational simplification and scalability, customer satisfaction and organisational agility. Scope includes the Australia Division and Group Divisions located in Australia.
- Develop and implement category management strategies across professional service areas of 3rd party expenditure (excluding Legal and Fraud Services) and ensure that they address the procurement levers of cost, specification and demand and are centred in sound market intelligence
- Develop and maintain supplier management strategies for key suppliers within the professional service categories, in particular IAG’s major management consultant suppliers
- Build and manage a pipeline of projects and initiatives the professional service categories, excluding Legal and Fraud Services, that deliver P&L cost savings, cost avoidance and quality improvement
- Identify and deliver major sourcing initiatives, lead complex negotiations and the development of contractual agreements
- Ensure that IAG is not unnecessarily exposed to risk from professional service suppliers, and that risks are appropriately identified and mitigated using approved processes and procedures
- Explore and promote opportunities for value creation, innovation and improved performance, including the development of business cases
- Drive stakeholder change management activities
- Engage with senior stakeholders (EGM level and above) across all business divisions as well as Finance, Legal and Risk to understand requirements, drive compliance and commercial advantage, and build mutually valuable relationships
- Ensure the accuracy of professional service related detail on uBuy
- Build and influence relationships as a value-add partner between Procurement, the business and our suppliers
- Work collaboratively and cross functionally on major projects, contributing with value and meeting all required timelines
Skills & Experience
- 5+ years’ Procurement experience in either a category management or a strategic sourcing role
- Clear examples of benefits realisation and value through the implementation of category strategies, sourcing projects and or procurement process improvement
- Experience in developing and managing suppliers
- Strong governance and change management experience
- Ability to work with a varied and senior stakeholder group including Risk, Legal and Finance
- Ability to work collaboratively within a large company organisational structure
- Business or equivalent bachelor’s degree
At IAG, we believe that everyone has a unique point of view to share, shaped by their life experiences, cultures & passions. We celebrate and commit to:
#Proud to be me – we value difference, not sameness
#Together – harnessing our collective wisdom enables us to be our best for our customers & each other
#No boxes – it’s not about labels, boxes or categories. It’s about building a diverse and inclusive mindset into everything we do
IAG is the largest general insurance group in Australia and New Zealand. IAG owns some of the region’s most trusted brands, including NRMA Insurance, CGU, SGIO, SGIC and WFI.
Start your career journey with us and click ‘Apply’!
In addition to a diverse and inclusive culture, some of our benefits include 13% superannuation, 50% insurance discounts, flexible work and leave options, generous parental leave and return to work program, recognition and reward program, and various corporate partner discounts.
We encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders to apply for this position.