#CLOSER #BRAVER #FASTER
The position of Specialist, Research Analyst is an integral role in the success of our Compulsory Third Party (CTP) scheme and portfolio analytics team.
Utilising your strong analytics skills, you will work in a small team and with a number of stakeholders across the CTP business in the development and maintenance of portfolio monitoring, reporting and analytics.
You will assist key stakeholders by providing accurate and timely data to support pricing, budgeting, policy and claims management decisions in a changing legislative landscape across NSW, SA and ACT.
- Support operational performance by providing high quality, commercial analytical support to a variety of CTP issues.
- Research, extract data from multiple sources and conduct analysis for portfolio opportunities and risks
- Support the team by responding with data submissions, trend reporting, queries and regulatory requests
- Build relationships with internal teams in order to continually improve current information management and process efficiencies
- Conduct data reconciliation against other sources to determine data validity
- Analyse data, model output and provide appropriate commentary to outline key trends
- Pro-actively look for opportunity to enhance returns for the CTP portfolios
- Raise and document any potential risks
- Develop and maintain portfolio monitoring reporting, ensuring timeliness and accuracy of data
- Develop tools and analyse experience to gain insights for the business to develop proactive strategies to stay ahead in a competitive market
- Use previous knowledge of valuation models and experience to assist the business in developing budgets
Skills & Experience
- Experience in using complex statistical, actuarial or mathematics techniques
- Ability to apply research skills in a practical environment
- Demonstrated experience with reporting tools and techniques- Tableau, SAS and SQL would be highly desirable
- Be comfortable interacting with stakeholders
- Excellent logical problem-solving skills
- High attention to detail and ability to cross check accuracy of your own work
- Ability to work independently on allocated tasks, but fit in as part of a small stable team
Start your career journey with us and click ‘Apply’! Applications close on 18th October 2019
In addition to a diverse and inclusive culture, some of our benefits include 13% superannuation, 50% insurance discounts, flexible work and leave options, generous parental leave and return to work program, recognition and reward program, and various corporate partner discounts.
We encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders to apply for this position. #LI-AU