#CLOSER #BRAVER #FASTER
The purpose of the role and your unique contribution is to support the Manager, Risk in providing line 1 risk management across CFO. This role will support the CFO teams in building a robust risk culture to ensure sustainable success for IAG. You will be responsible for identifying and driving Assurance initiatives that will drive continuous improvement, efficiency, productivity and performance. Working closely with the 2LoD Risk team, you will improve risk maturity through the application of Risk Frameworks, continuous improvement of risk practices and highlighting attributes of desired risk culture for CFO.
- Provide first line of defence subject matter expertise to support an uplift in the CFO risk culture.
- Assist in research and analysis that supports the delivery of the CFO risk strategy and programs.
- Educate CFO teams in risk concepts, strategies, policies, processes and controls
- Develop, implement and maintain the Risk Assurance Framework within CFO teams to mitigate risk, minimise issues and improve business performance
- Provide support to the CFO Leadership team in developing methods to set, measure, monitor and report on risk performance expectations
- Support the development of a detailed program of work required to achieve the desired uplift in risk maturity across CFO
- Manage control testing sprints and improve the effectiveness of risk controls
- Support risk governance activities by ensuring CFO adherence to Group Policies and the effective risk management to meet IAG’s Risk Appetite
- Provide proactive guidance, support and training to CFO Risk Champions and CFO leaders to enable the implementation of the risk uplift activities
- Support the development of risk updates for the CFO Leadership Team, including monthly leadership meetings
- Support the development and embedment of new frameworks/initiatives to promote an uplift in risk culture and risk ownership across CFO
- Maintain a close working relationship with the Group Risk function to stay up to date with the organisational approach to risk management, and any changes to frameworks, expectations or processes that impact CFO
- Keep up to date with risk best practice to inform CFO decision making
Skills & Experience
- 5+ years of experience in specialist risk roles
- Self-starter, proactive, solutions-focused mindset
- Strategic thinking – ability to identify problems, research, consider and synthesise many pieces of information, design solutions, solve problems and use initiative to drive results
- Ability to assess problem states, develop solutions and drive their implementation across large teams
- Strong influencing and communication skills, written and verbal, with the ability to adapt messaging to different audiences
- Ability to collaborate effectively, deliver results through others and foster positive relationships
At IAG, we believe that everyone has a unique point of view to share, shaped by their life experiences, cultures & passions. We celebrate and commit to:
#Proud to be me – we value difference, not sameness
#Together – harnessing our collective wisdom enables us to be our best for our customers & each other
#No boxes – it’s not about labels, boxes or categories. It’s about building a diverse and inclusive mindset into everything we do
IAG is the largest general insurance group in Australia and New Zealand, with a growing presence in Asia. IAG owns some of the region’s most trusted brands, including NRMA Insurance, CGU, SGIO, SGIC, WFI .
Start your career journey with us and click ‘Apply’! Applications close 13th September
In addition to a diverse and inclusive culture, some of our benefits include 13% superannuation, 50% insurance discounts, flexible work and leave options, generous parental leave and return to work program, recognition and reward program, and various corporate partner discounts.
We encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders to apply for this position.