Broadspectrum is a leading global provider of operations, maintenance, and asset and project management services. This is a fantastic opportunity to work locally with a global organisation offering a safe workplace, a secure role and excellent career opportunities.
Broadspectrum has a longstanding partnership with the Australian Defence Force and have a brand-new opening for an experienced Supervisor to oversee our on-base Sport and Recreation Services. This permanent, full-time position will be located within our Puckapunyal defence site and offers a dynamic team environment on one of the company’s largest contracts.
Your duties will include but are not limited to:
- General pool and gymnasium management and administration associated with water quality and other legislative requirements;
- Ensure rosters are up to date and communicated;
- Report all issues and non-compliance to the Domestic Services Coordinator and/or EMOS Manager.
- Complete Sport and Recreation compliance and reporting duties;
- Overseeing the Emergency Action Plan;
- Checking and using pool rescue equipment;
- Operating, retracting and safely stowing pool covers where provided;
- Overseeing pool surface, sub surface cleaning and pool surrounds;
- Moving and securing lane markers and booms;
- Supervising gymnasium and pool users;
- Ensuring pool users adopt safe water entry practices;
- Ensuring pool users move safely about the pool area;
- Ensure that personnel are authorised to use the aquatic facilities (including sauna);
- State recognised qualification as a Lifeguard;
- Current First Aid Certificate;
- Administer oxygen in an emergency situation;
- Requalify in all lifeguard specific competencies as per state legislation;
- Hold a current Working with Children Check;
- Rescue and Resuscitation qualifications (often known as depth test) to at least the deepest part of the pool at their facility (valid for 12 months);
- Current Police Check Clearance Certificate;
- Must be able to meet physical requirements of the role as well as the physical demands of the environment and emergency evacuation requirements.
- An ability to interact effectively with technical staff, subcontractors, senior military officers and Client representatives;
- The incumbent to this role must be eligible to hold a Defence Security Clearance, as a result of this requirement the incumbent must be an Australian Citizen;
Please visit the Careers section of our website or Click “APPLY” to forward your application CV, along with copies of your trade qualifications and proof of Citizenship.
The incumbent to this role must be eligible to hold a Defence Security Clearance up to the level of Negative Vetting Level 1 (Secret) and be prepared to undergo a pre-employment medical including a drug & alcohol test. As a result of this requirement the incumbent must be an Australian Citizen
Broadspectrum is an equal opportunity employer and we strive to recruit and appoint the best available person regardless of sex, age, religion, race, marital status, nationality, sexual orientation or disability