Broadspectrum is an operations, maintenance and construction services organisation, operating globally in the resources, energy, industrial, infrastructure, rail, property and defence sectors. This is a diverse and growing business offering the training, opportunities and support you need to begin and build a successful career.
Broadspectrum boasts a long and successful relationship with our Defence client across the country and currently have the contract to supply Land Materiel Maintenance (LMM) Services to support the Australian Defence Force (ADF).
About the role
We are currently seeking a Vehicle Mechanic to be based out of Edinburgh, SA and tasked with performing all trade related tasks associated with the maintenance and repair of vehicles, plant and equipment. This may vary from working on 4x4 vehicles, trucks, tracked vehicles, earthmoving equipment and stationary engines such as generators, pumps, compressors and drilling rigs.
More specifically, your tasks will include, but will not be limited to:
- Diagnose, overhaul, repair, tune, maintain and test diesel, petrol and gas-powered vehicles
- Repair or replace worn or faulty parts by removing assemblies such as engines, transmissions, differentials or steering gear; dismantling them and checking parts, referring to manuals as necessary
- Tune engines using special electronic equipment and make fine adjustments (to carburettors, for example) for smoother running
- Carry out minor body repairs and minor trim repairs
- Diagnose, repair and replace engine management and fuel injection components
- Test and repair electrical systems such as lighting, instrumentation, ignition and electronic fuel injection
- Inspect vehicles and issue roadworthiness certificates or list the work required before a certificate can be issued.
- Repair and maintain the hydraulic components of diesel, petrol and gas engines that are used to power attachments such as hoists, booms, scrapers, buckets and augers
- Determine faults in brake systems by analysing user reports and driving the vehicle, noting its performance, or by reading data from the vehicle's computer control system and then repair accordingly
- Contribute to the collaborative innovation by identifying continuous improvement initiatives
- Comply with Broadspectrum Risk Management, Quality Assurance and Health, Safety and Environment management systems, including statutory obligations
Experience and skills
- Possess a recognised Trade Certificate III of Proficiency (Vehicle Mechanic)
- Possess an air conditioning and/or refrigeration trade and applicable National/State licence to handle refrigerants.
- Demonstrated ability and practical experience to inspect, repair and maintain Light, Medium and/or Heavy vehicle to a medium level of repair
- Possess the demonstrated ability and practical experience to inspect, repair and maintain earth moving equipment and/or A-Vehicles
- Posess a current Australian State or Territory open driver’s licence for Medium Rigid (MR) and Heavy Rigid (HR) classes of vehicles
Please Click “APPLY” to forward your application CV, along with copies of the above trade qualifications as well as proof of Citizenship. You must be an Australian Citizen and be able to obtain an ADF Clearance.
We acknowledge the importance of our people’s diverse experiences, talents and cultures that they bring to work with them each day. Embracing Diversity and Creating Inclusion is a key component of our Talent Management Strategy. The creation of a Diverse and Inclusive workforce is central to our ability to unlock potential and enhance our success, creating a high-performance business.
Position Reference Number: 93760