Broadspectrum is working with our fellow Ferrovial Services’ company Amey to support the Netflow Consortium. This exciting project is Victoria’s largest single investment in arterial roads to date and includes road upgrades, duplicated lanes and road rehabilitation and maintenance for 20 years.
About the role
We are currently inviting applications for a Roads Inspector to join our team on an upcoming roads contract.
The primary purpose of this role is to ensure the safety of the road user through undertaking daytime and night-time safety inspections, defect inspection and asset condition surveys of the roads to capture defects and asset condition data. This will support the effective and efficient management of resources.
As the successful candidate in this role, some of your core responsibilities will include;
- Undertake safety /defect inspections to record defects that affect the safety and/or integrity of the network
- Investigate and report on enquiries from the public and other stakeholders
- Assist in the management of the Asset inventory by undertaking Asset condition surveys
- Assist in monitoring contractors, subcontractors and third parties to ensure compliance with specifications and contractual requirements.
- Assist in the compilation of records, including inventory information ensuring its accuracy and completeness
- Assist in developing and maintaining Roads Programs of work
- Develop knowledge of WRU design procedures, codes and specifications together with effective Quality Assurance.
- Proactively monitor the performance of completed works and known ‘hot spots’
- Work closely with Surveillance Officers to develop joint understanding of network service level
Your experience should include but not limited to;
- Awareness of Asbestos / hazardous materials identification and management processes
- First Aid Training
- Fire training (First Response)
- General Construction Induction Card (White Card)
- Tertiary qualification in Engineering, Construction or related industry experience is advantageous
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in construction, engineering or other related field
- Experience in dealing directly with the public and other stakeholders in a professional manner
- Valid Driver’s Car Licence
- Medium computer literacy (internet, MS Office applications, database management, document control)
This is a great opportunity to work in a high performing team and be part of the team's success. Broadspectrum offers the opportunity to work in a diverse global environment with a culture of safety and integrity.
We acknowledge the importance of our people’s diverse experiences, talents and cultures that they bring to work with them each day. Embracing Diversity and Creating Inclusion is a key component of our Talent Management Strategy. The creation of a Diverse and Inclusive workforce is central to our ability to unlock potential and enhance our success, creating a high-performance business.
Position Reference Number: 93634
Please visit the Careers section of our website or Click “APPLY” to forward your application CV, along with copies of any relevant qualifications. To be considered for this role you will be required to undertake an Australian Federal Police Check and a Pre-employment Medical Assessment.