Broadspectrum is working with our fellow Ferrovial Services’ company Amey to support the Netflow Consortium. This exciting project is Victoria’s largest single investment in arterial roads to date and includes road upgrades, duplicated lanes and road rehabilitation and maintenance for 20 years.
About the role
We are currently inviting applications for Leading Hands to join our team on an upcoming roads contract.
The primary purpose of this role requires co-ordination and direction of employees for road/bridge maintenance and incident response services to meet operational requirements.
As the successful candidate in this role, some of your core responsibilities will include;
- Provide the required leadership to ensure all works are conducted safely and any risks are identified and mitigated.
- Ensure all environmental considerations are understood and met.
- Conduct Health, Safety and Environment workplace inspections and audits as directed.
- Coordinate the workforce to ensure the work schedule is met and raise any potential issues with the Supervisor.
- Ensure the quality of the work delivered by the workforce is compliant with specifications.
- Communicate effectively to the workforce at Toolbox talks and prestart meetings.
- Review Job Starts.
- Ensure Company, Mandatory, Site and Client rules and policies are followed and report any breaches.
- Works are delivered safely, on time and as per scope.
- All required Rules and Policies are satisfied.
- Participate in any required investigations.
- Maintain records and coordinate documentation as required.
- Liaise with the Client on day to day requirements.
Your experience should include but not limited to;
- General Construction Induction Card (White Card)
- Minimum 4 years’ experience in construction, engineering or other related field
- Experience in managing a small team delivering work on program in compliance with all HSEQ requirements
- Experience in road maintenance/construction and working in a ‘live road’ environment advantageous
- Valid Driver’s Licence – Car licence mandatory; Light Rigid or Medium Rigid advantageous
- Medium computer literacy (internet, MS Office applications)
- Experience of dealing with the public and other stakeholders
This is a great opportunity to work in a high performing team and be part of the team's success. Broadspectrum offers the opportunity to work in a diverse global environment with a culture of safety and integrity.
We acknowledge the importance of our people’s diverse experiences, talents and cultures that they bring to work with them each day. Embracing Diversity and Creating Inclusion is a key component of our Talent Management Strategy. The creation of a Diverse and Inclusive workforce is central to our ability to unlock potential and enhance our success, creating a high-performance business.
Position Reference Number: 93995
Please visit the Careers section of our website or Click “APPLY” to forward your application CV, along with copies of any relevant qualifications. To be considered for this role you will be required to undertake an Australian Federal Police Check and a Pre-employment Medical Assessment.