PURPOSE OF JOB ASSIGNMENT:
This position is responsible for the safe and reliable provision of transport for the public.
The responsibilities of the position include;
- Comply with all legislation concerning OHS, Environment and Traffic Safety, as well as Company policies and procedures while at work.
- Only operate those Company vehicles/equipment for which they hold a current and appropriately endorsed drivers licence.
- Only operate Company vehicles/equipment for which they are trained and have been authorised by Management and hold a current Certificate of Competency where applicable.
- Reporting all on road incidents to appropriate parties including relevant documentation in consultation with Duty Supervisor
- Conduct pre-departure safety checks and advise relevant Supervisors/ Workshop Managers if any issues are identified
- Ensure that fares are charged appropriately and that correct change is provided to the customer
- Provide exemplary customer service at all times
- Apply conflict resolution techniques
- Assist with shift sheets and contribute to continual process improvement
- Contribute to the housekeeping and safe environment of the Depot
- Wear appropriate PPE at all times
KEY WORKING RELATIONSHIPS:
- Depot Managers
- Duty Supervisors
- Special Event Co-ordinator
- Human Resources Manager
- HSE Manager
- Various sub contractors
RISK, HEALTH, SAFETY, QUALITY & ENVIRONMENT:
- Comply with Broadspectrum Risk Management, Quality Assurance and Health, Safety and Environment management systems, including statutory obligations.
- Initiate actions to prevent the occurrence of non-conformities in processes or systems.
- Identify, initiate, recommend and assist in the issue resolution process.
- Verify and confirm the effective implementation of said solutions.
- Promote a positive HSE culture in the workplace.
- Experience within the buses industry desirable
- Knowledge of OH&S and environmental policies and procedures
- HR and LP Licences are HIGHLY DESIRABLE for an immediete start
PLEASE NOTE that due to the expected number of applicants, only successful candidates will be contacted.
Please only apply for this role using the below button. No other forms of applications will be accepted.
We acknowledge the importance of our people’s diverse experiences, talents and cultures that they bring to work with them each day. Embracing Diversity and Creating Inclusion is a key component of our Talent Management Strategy. The creation of a Diverse and Inclusive workforce is central to our ability to unlock potential and enhance our success, creating a high-performance business.
Position Reference Number: 78372