Easternwell Camp Management is one of Australia's leading remote catering companies. We are renowned for providing top quality service with a focus on wellbeing and providing healthy food choices to our clients. We maintain long term contracts with our clients providing job security and opportunities for growth for our employees. Due to recent growth an opportunity has now arisen for qualified Chefs to join our award winning team.
THE ROLE OF CAMP CHEF
- We are looking for enthusiastic, self-motivated qualified chef's to work out in our mobile and fixed camps.
- Our chefs work FIFO (fly in, fly out) 2 weeks on, 2 weeks off roster (the perfect lifestyle roster!), out in remote oil and gas sites in the Cooper basin. You will be cooking for the rig crew and any extra guests in the camps.
- In the camp kitchen you will generally be working autonomously doing 11-12 hours shifts, you will be responsible for managing the kitchen and will be responsible for cooking, food prep, cleaning, assisting with ordering and more.
- The beauty of our roster is that you work hard for 2 weeks straight and then come home for 2 weeks straight to relax and do whatever you would like in your spare time! Whether that is spending time with family, getting stuck into your hobbies, travelling or taking extra casual work. Our chefs really love the fact that they have the flexibility to do whatever they want with their lives half the year!
WHAT'S REQUIRED FOR THE ROLE?
- Certificate III in Commercial Cookery or equivalent - Must be attached to your application (if overseas qualification or older Australian qualification official verification must be provided also)
- Commitment and Initiative
- Ability to work autonomously
- Strong time management skills
- An open manual Drivers Licence (Car or Higher)
- Current First Aid and CPR certificate (this is not essential on application)
WHAT DO EASTERNWELL OFFER IN RETURN?
You would experience what it is like to be part of a company that cares about its people, with:
- Competitive day rates - $319 for the first 4 hitches and $349.96 thereafter, this salary equates to $63,800 before super for only 182 days’ work!
- Lifestyle even time 2:2 roster
- Long term contracts
- Exceptional safety records, standards and practices
- Access to employee benefits
- Opportunities for advancement of your career
- A supportive and family orientated team
APPLY: If you believe that you meet the above criteria, have the required qualities and want to work for a company who values its employees, please click the 'apply' button now!
PLEASE NOTE: This position is FIFO from Adelaide, we require the successful person to reside locally as travelling to the point of hire is your responsibility. Easternwell arrange for you to get to site from the point of hire.
The successful candidate will be required to undertake a full medical including drug and alcohol screen, and pass Police checks. Easternwell is committed to the safety of all their employees. Our goal is to ensure everyone goes home safe and sound every day.
We acknowledge the importance of ours people’s diverse experiences, talents and culture that they bring to work with them each day. Embracing Diversity and Creating Inclusion are key components of our Talent Management Strategy. The creation of a Diverse and Inclusive workforce is central to our ability to unlock potential and enhance our success, creating a high-performance business.