Broadspectrum is an operations, maintenance and construction services organisation, operating globally in the resources, energy, industrial, infrastructure, rail, property and defence sectors. This is a diverse and growing business offering the training, opportunities and support you need to begin and build a successful career.
Broadspectrum are currently recruiting for a Catering Manager for their Defence Base Services contract in the Northern Territory. This position will see you based in Darwin supporting the Regional Food and Beverage Manager with overall management and delivery of Defence Base Hospitality and Catering services, in line with contract deliverables and expectations. This role will actively manage Client relationships, drive team performance and ensure compliance with Company, Client and legislative standards.
Further you will:
- Co-ordinate the monthly bar & beverage stocktake, complete reports accurately & submit as per the end of month time schedule/calendar issued.
- Control, monitor & complete weekly rosters, in conjunction with F&B Supervisors ensure these rosters fall within budgetary constraint & contractual requirements.
- Attend & conduct regular pre-starts, for each mess & F&B supervisors.
- Ensure communication & implementation of all company standards, policies & procedures ensuring any new or amended processes or procedures are communicated effectively to all supervisors & staff.
- Input of all meal pass data into actual/forecast spreadsheet in a timely manner for Robertson, Larrakeyah & DEB.
- Ensure that customer comment logs are reviewed regular & responses are being made within the 24hr time frame & within an acceptable level of communication standard.
- Ensure that regular checks are conducted on all messes in regards to cleanliness & cleaning schedules, & any food safety issues relating to FOH e.g, labelling & fridge temp controls.
- Ensure that messes are completing the buffet compliance & all toolboxes etc are uploaded into IMS.
Skills & Experience:
- Computer literate and have a sound knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, SAP and IMS (or a similar integrated management system).
- Strong planning and organisational skills and proven experience in collaborative and consultative processes at a professional level.
- Demonstrated interpersonal communication skills and the ability to lead a large team.
- Ability to work flexibly and adaptively in a complex environment with multiple stakeholders.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience managing large commercial catering operations.
- Food Safety for Supervisors certification (training provided by employer) desirable.
- Sound knowledge of Food Safety Standards, relevant legislation and statutory obligations.
- Solid understanding of contract management, quality management systems and continuous improvement principles.
- Knowledge or understanding of Defence Force operations, systems and functions desirable.
- Enthusiasm and commitment to high standards of customer service.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
In order to be eligible for this position you must be Australian Citizen and have the ability to maintain a Defence Clearance.
We acknowledge the importance of our people’s diverse experiences, talents and cultures that they bring to work with them each day. Embracing Diversity and Creating Inclusion is a key component of our Talent Management Strategy. The creation of a Diverse and Inclusive workforce is central to our ability to unlock potential and enhance our success, creating a high-performance business.
Position Reference Number: 87611