Broadspectrum is an operations, maintenance and construction services organisation, operating globally in the resources, energy, industrial, infrastructure, rail, property and defence sectors. This is a diverse and growing business offering the training, opportunities and support you need to begin and build a successful career.
BR&I are a national mechanical services entity who work in the Hydrocarbon and Heavy Industrial Sectors around Australia. Due to continued growth, BR&I are looking for a skilled, safety conscious and passionate Instrumentation & Mechanical Technician to support the delivery of our Defence Fuel Installation Maintenance contract across various sites in South Australia
You’ll be assisting BR&I deliver within the Estate Management (EMOS) contract for the Department of Defence. As such, we’re recruiting for a skilled Instrumentation Technician / Mechanical Fitter to perform technical and maintenance work on Defence Fuel Installations across various sites which will include tasks such as routine inspections, calibrations, function tests, preventative maintenance, general repairs, upgrades and refurbishments.
In addition, your responsibilities will include but will not be limited to:
- Perform calibration and maintenance of flowmeters, pressure/differential pressure transmitters, temperature transmitters (thermocouple and RTD’s), level indicators and switches and tank gauging systems
- Perform field calibration, testing of installed instruments and perform closed loop checks
- Identify, plan, manage & execute preventative and corrective maintenance tasks as well as provide technical assistance as required.
- Work with other maintenance personnel to maintain DFI equipment to agreed schedules, procedures and standard
- Arrange & preform multiple frequent monthly site visits to fuel installations across various Defence Bases within South Australia with the use of company supplied pool vehicle.
- Effectively diagnose problems and provide technical support as required for problem solving maintenance issues within the mechanical discipline
- Arrange pricing and subcontractor engagement for specialised responsive maintenance tasks.
- Carry out work and inspections of work in accordance with Work Health Safety & Quality Assurance requirements and the relevant codes and industry standards
- Utilise clients permit to work system by preparing permit applications and JSA’s.
- Assist the Supervisor with job timing, work scheduling, managing responsive maintenance as well as make recommendations to the Supervisor in relation to work practices, which could improve quality, increase productivity and reduce costs
- Use of portable device(s) to manage work orders
- Completion and administration of maintenance inspection records
Skills & Experience:
- Dual Cert III instrumentation & Control (UEE31211) Technician + Cert III Mechanical Fitter would be advantageous, OR Cert III instrumentation & Control (UEE31211) with strong mechanical aptitude
- Experience with PLC’s and SCADA, specifically Allen Bradley, would be advantageous
- Have a solid understanding of PLC/SCADA systems and associated remote instrumentation, pipework and pumping systems, fluid control systems, trade waste and bulk fuel installations equipment and the relevant codes and industry standards,
- Experience in Petrochemical/Hydrocarbon industry
- Experience with fuel equipment & systems.
- High Risk certifications such as Confined Space, Working at Heights, EWP and First Aid would be advantageous
- Valid Australian Drivers Licence
- Familiarised with use of Microsoft office applications
- Experience with Computerised Maintenance Management Systems would be advantageous.
- Ability to work unsupervised and maintain good communications
- Previous experience in leadership roles
- You must be an Australian Citizen and eligible to hold a Defence Security Clearance to the level of Secret.
Please note this is a local position, not FIFO. The position involves frequent visits to numerous Defence Bases within Adelaide and outer Adelaide areas every month and may include occasional interstate visits as required.
We acknowledge the importance of our people’s diverse experiences, talents and cultures that they bring to work with them each day. Embracing Diversity and Creating Inclusion is a key component of our Talent Management Strategy. The creation of a Diverse and Inclusive workforce is central to our ability to unlock potential and enhance our success, creating a high-performance business.
Position Reference Number: 94033