Broadspectrum is an operations, maintenance and construction services organisation, operating globally in the resources, energy, industrial, infrastructure, rail, property and Defence sectors. Broadspectrum has a long and successful partnership with the Australian Defence Force (ADF) and is now expanding due to the renewal and extension of the Base Services contract to manage ADF facilities under the new contract on a national level.
Broadspectrum are seeking casual Cooks to Support the Head Chef and Chefs with daily Mess operations and food service, including routine meals, in-flight rations, field rations and Mess functions. Shifts for this position will usually finish by 7:30pm and there are no split shifts. This role will see you based at Puckapunyal.
Responsibilities of the role will include, but will not be limited to:
- Support and participate in the implementation and management Broadspectrum’s Food Safety Program. This involves actively identifying hazards, employing appropriate controls, and recording incidents in line with Company standards.
- Preventive management of food safety hazards through the systematic application of HACCP controls.
- Ensure efficient food preparation and delivery of meal services from production facilities, by ensuring regular consultation with Head Chef and/or Chefs.
- Operate large-volume cooking equipment such as grills, deep-fat fryers, and barbeques.
- Support surge and emergency contingencies by assisting in the mobilisation of staff, equipment and facilities in accordance with Defence Force plans.
- Clean, sanitise and maintain cooking utensils, equipment and food preparation areas.
- Report all defective equipment and tools to the Head Chef so that required maintenance can be scheduled.
- Participate in regular stock take and inventory control activities.
- Contribute to Defence Force’s core outsourcing objectives of:
- Value for money
- Support for the SME (subject matter expert) marketplace
- Contribute to triple bottom line outcomes
- Collaborative contracting
- Check, record and sign off on all shift cleaning schedules, and documentation relating to incoming goods, food holding units and temperature probes.
- Undertake any other reasonable duties as requested by the Head Chef.
Skills & Experience
- Australian recognised Commercial Cookery qualification.
- HACCP Level 2 certification.
- Minimum of 2 years’ cooking experience in a large commercial kitchen environment.
- Sound knowledge of Food Safety Standards, relevant legislation and statutory obligations.
- Knowledge or understanding of Defence Force operations, systems and functions desirable.
- Enthusiasm and commitment to high standards of customer service.
- Strong planning and organisation skills and proven experience in collaborative and consultative processes at a professional level.
- Demonstrated interpersonal communication skills and the ability to work as a member of a team.
- An ability to work flexibly and adaptively in complex environments with multiple stakeholders.
Broadspectrum offers the opportunity to work in a diverse global environment with a culture of safety and integrity
Please visit the Careers section of our website or Click “APPLY” to forward your application CV, along with copies of any relevant qualificationst. To be eligible for the role you must be an Australian citizen and be able to obtain an ADF security clearance.
We acknowledge the importance of our people’s diverse experiences, talents and cultures that they bring to work with them each day. Embracing Diversity and Creating Inclusion is a key component of our Talent Management Strategy. The creation of a Diverse and Inclusive workforce is central to our ability to unlock potential and enhance our success, creating a high-performance business. For more information about us, visit www.broadspectrum.com