We are currently seeking a Post Grad Reliability Engineer to join the team at Millmerran Power Station.
About the Role
The Reliability Engineer is responsible for providing preventative maintenance best practice techniques to deliver improved reliability, maintainability and availability of plant assets.
- Support the Contract Manager and Client Representative in identifying the baseline Maintenance Procedures (OMP) and Operation Instructions (OI) for the Coal and Ash Handling plant assets
- Coordination of the ongoing Maintenance Procedure (OMP) and Operation Instruction (OI) revamp, as part of a continuous improvement process
- Develop, implement and administer effective quality management systems to ensure asset condition (state) reporting is accurately provided and subsequently the maintenance strategies are appropriate
- Support both the Maintenance and Operations Supervisors in determining proactive response measures to recorded/communicated plant deficiencies
- Facilitate Root Cause Analysis (RCA) investigations, reporting and implementation of derived actions
- Demonstrate an overriding commitment to the identification and implementation of maintainability and reliability improvement projects. In doing this the Betterways system shall be used to ensure cost savings and efficiencies are captured across all plant assets
- Provide technical advice on maintenance, reliability and condition monitoring ensuring sound engineering practices are adhered to
- Provide governance for technical and engineering processes and efforts for the Coal and Ash Handling Plant.
- Assist with scope development and execution of maintenance shutdown/outage works. This includes in the ongoing development of the system model work scopes
Qualifications, Experience and Knowledge
- Tertiary qualifications in Electrical Engineering
- Minor exposure to Maintenance/Reliability Engineering in a similar industry.
- Basic understanding of failure analysis techniques such as Root Cause Analysis (RCA)..
- Entry level experience in collaborative and consultative processes at a professional level.
- Entry level experience with interpersonal communication skills and the ability to work as a member of a team.
- Demonstrated written communication and IT skills.
- An ability to work flexibly and adaptively in a complex environment with multiple stakeholders.This may not be required if 5 days per week
This is a great opportunity to work in a high performing team and be part of the long term success of a new and exciting contract. You will be rewarded with great career opportunities, access to a highly collaborative leadership team and a great working environment.
The successful candidate will be required to undertake a full medical including drug and alcohol screen.