Broadspectrum is an operations, maintenance and construction services organisation, operating globally in the resources, energy, industrial, infrastructure, rail, property and defence sectors. This is a complex and evolving business offering the high profile projects, large-scale challenges and tailored support you need to achieve on the global stage.
Broadspectrum has a long and successful partnership with the Australian Defence Force. Broadspectrum are currently looking to engage an experienced Fitter to perform all trade related tasks associated with the maintenance and repair of vehicles, plant and equipment. Operate machinery and assist in non-mechanical maintenance and construction tasks as required. This permanent, full time role will see you based at Puckapunyal D base.
The successful candidate will be responsible for, but not limited to:
- Perform maintenance, servicing, repairs and preventative maintenance; undertake major overhauls and authorised modifications to vehicles, plant and defence equipment to the extent of trade qualifications, skills and experience in accordance with Broadspectrum instructions and procedures and manufacturers specifications.
- Operate other plant and equipment where qualified and licensed.
- Ensure that technical procedures and Inspection and Test Plans are performed in accordance with QA requirements.
- Perform manual tasks associated with maintenance and construction as required, including safe working duties.
- Maintain maintenance records associated with equipment servicing, repairs and modifications. Undertake plant audits and inspections where required, complete timesheets, recording hours worked and associated information.
- Determine parts and materials requirements for acquisition in relation to plant and equipment servicing, maintenance and repairs. Assist when required with the outsourcing of maintenance work to approved contractors.
- Participate in safety and training programs as required.
- Certify plant and equipment as serviceable and fit for purpose, within the scope of trade qualifications on a daily basis.
- Provide guidance and “on the job” training to other personnel within the work group.
- Flexibility to meet the demands of working in a small team i.e. after hours work and call outs.
- Undertake, as instructed by your Supervisor , other tasks which may be incidental & peripheral to your trade
Previous experience and qualifications
- Possess a recognised Trade Certificate III of Proficiency (Fitter & Turner).
- Preferred completion of the Army Logistics Training Centre (ALTC) Basic Fitter Armament
- Preferred Maintenance Techniques course (IET - ECN 146) or equivalent.
- Preferred completion of the ALTC Field Artillery Maintenance Course or the ASLAV Phase 3 Turret/Armament Maintenance Course.
- Possess the demonstrated ability and practical experience in the operation of lathes, millers, metal working machines, Oxy Acetylene and Arc welding, and metal fabrication processes.
- Demonstrated ability and practical experience to repair and maintain miscellaneous workshop services equipment and/or small engines and/or textiles and/or household appliances.
- Demonstrated ability and experience to inspect, repair and maintain Class 2B vessels and associated marine equipment (marine fitter).
Please note: In order to meet Defence requirements, you must be an Australian Citizen to be considered for this position.
Please visit the Careers section of our website or Click “APPLY” to forward your application CV, along with copies of any relevant qualifications. To be considered for this role you will be required to undertake an Australian Federal Police Check and a Pre-employment Medical Assessment.
We acknowledge the importance of our people’s diverse experiences, talents and cultures that they bring to work with them each day. Embracing Diversity and Creating Inclusion is a key component of our Talent Management Strategy. The creation of a Diverse and Inclusive workforce is central to our ability to unlock potential and enhance our success, creating a high-performance business. For more information about us, visit www.broadspectrum.com
Requisition ID: 94812