Broadspectrum is an operations, maintenance and construction services organisation, operating globally in the resources, energy, industrial, infrastructure, rail, property and defence sectors. This is a diverse and growing business offering the training, opportunities and support you need to begin and build a successful career.
Broadspectrum is seeking an engaging and adaptable Asset Engineer to deliver technical asset management expertise to our client, Austin Hospital, and ensure Broadspectrum’s asset management strategies align to our contractual requirements and commercial goals. Our ideal candidate will have a strong technical background within a hospital setting combined with the ability to effectively manage our clients expectations. This role will see you as one of 2 key direct reports within the business.
Furthermore you will be responsible for:
- Support technical risk management activities to ensure clients services are not interrupted
- Ensure maintenance strategies are appropriate and consider all statutory requirements
- Maximize maintenance strategies to deliver lowest total cost of ownership for installed assets
- Work with maintenance teams and ensure that client asset register is up to date and reflects the state of the assets
- Support the development of whole of life asset management strategies for key Austin Health Assets including conducting failure risk assessments, risk mitigation and condition assessments
- Provide technical advice on minor works/capital works projects, support defects inspections with the Austin Capital Works team
- Review client asset data and condition to determine best practice maintenance solutions for the benefit of Broadspectrum and our clients
- Asset risk identification and management, development and management of portfolio risk matrixes
- Manage the timely preparation of management and maintenance plans, policies and procedures in accordance with the Client’s and Broadspectrum’s business goals, the Contract and statutory requirements
- Provide innovative and cost effective maintenance solutions in line with the deliverables of the Austin Health contract and their budget
- An engineering degree with a minimum 5 years’ experience in an Asset Management role as within a Hospital environment essential
- Operational and financial management experience essential
- Demonstrated ability to successfully manage and lead a team of staff and sub-contractors is essential
- Understanding of Computerised Asset and Maintenance Management Systems
- Demonstrated understanding of Asset Management life cycle with a knowledge lean systems and processes being desirable
- Demonstrated ability to prioritise/co-ordinate works to deliver work outcomes that are fit for purpose; within budget and timeframes
- Broadspectrum offers the opportunity to work in a diverse global environment with a culture of safety and integrity
- Join a fun and friendly team of professionals
- Great opportunities and job security
Please visit the Careers section of our website or click “APPLY” to forward your application CV, along with copies of any relevant qualifications. To be considered for this role you will be required to undertake an Australian Federal Police Check and a Pre-employment Medical Assessment.
We acknowledge the importance of our people’s diverse experiences, talents and cultures that they bring to work with them each day. Embracing Diversity and Creating Inclusion is a key component of our Talent Management Strategy. The creation of a Diverse and Inclusive workforce is central to our ability to unlock potential and enhance our success, creating a high-performance business. For more information about us, visit www.broadspectrum.com