A rare and exciting opportunity has opened for an experienced Rig Field Electrician to support one of Australia’s largest Oil & Gas Workover and Drilling companies.
You will report directly to the Electrical Superintendent & Maintenance Manager and liaise with Operations and Field staff to ensure the seamless operation of its rig fleet. The point of hire is Toowoomba and you will be working in the field on an equal time roster (2/2 or 3/3).
- This is a front line position and you will be expected to deal with multiple projects and personnel to ensure the uninterrupted operation of plant and equipment.
- Provide support to the maintenance workshop if required - as part of the Maintenance Team you will work closely with the other tradesmen and Rig Crew to ensure operational objectives are met.
- Adhere to company policies, procedures and SOP’s.
- Represent and support the company’s corporate value, vision and strategic goals.
- Maintain an acceptable amount of downtime across fleet through daily work activities and planning.
REQUIREMENTS FOR THE ROLE
This role is ideally suited to someone from a heavy industry background with experience troubleshooting automated equipment. The candidate will demonstrate the following key aspects:
- Be a Trade Certified and Licenced Electrician.
- A Dual Trade Electrician/Refrigeration Tech would be highly desirable.
- Have an excellent knowledge of current Australian Standards, API Specifications and Petroleum Regulations.
- Demonstrate a commitment to safety and contribute to an injury free environment through compliance with company policy and procedures.
- Has a sound understanding of SCADA and PLC systems and associated ancillary software.
- Previous experience with MEX maintenance software a benefit but not essential.
- Have Heavy Industrial Industry post trade electrical trade experience.
- Have strong interpersonal skills, a positive attitude and be a team player.
If you believe that you meet the above criteria and are passionate about a career in the Energy Industry, please click the 'apply' button below
We acknowledge the importance of ours people’s diverse experiences, talents and culture that they bring to work with them each day. Embracing Diversity and Creating Inclusion are key components of our Talent Management Strategy. The creation of a Diverse and Inclusive workforce is central to our ability to unlock potential and enhance our success, creating a high-performance business.