Broadspectrum is an operations, maintenance and construction services organisation, operating globally in the resources, energy, industrial, infrastructure, rail, property and defence sectors. This is a diverse and growing business offering the training, opportunities and support you need to begin and build a successful career.
Broadspectrum are currently looking to engage a qualified experienced Maintenance Works Supervisor. This full time, Darwin based position will see you working within the Estate upkeep team as part of our national Defence contract.
The successful Maintenance Supervisor will provide supervision and co-ordination to any and all required building trades in order to effectively maintain, repair, replace and ensure the integrity and performance of facilities and equipment within the sites.
To be successful in application, you’ll need to be in Darwin and be able to clearly demonstrate your ability to provide the following:
• Supervision of in house trade’s staff and subcontractors for all General Estate Works (GEW) under the Defence Contract
• Manage costs and budgets associated with the delivery of GEW
• Ensure reporting and compliance of activities is completed and maintained
• Assist with Planning, Scheduling and allocation of activities
• Ensure accounts are maintained with appropriate suppliers to ensure equipment and services are available to tradespersons.
• Demonstrated knowledge of relevant industry WHS and promote a safe working environment for all staff and sub-contractors
Skills and Experience:
• Knowledge of Defence roles, functions and organisation
• Formal trade background with experience in facilities maintenance on a range of building related works and repairs
• Competence in computer based applications such as MS Word, Excel and Project, SAP experience desired but not essential
• Competence in report writing, procurement principles and quotation preparation
• Hold a Valid Australian Drivers Licence
• Willingness to travel occasionally to the different metro & remote NT defence sites
• Flexible to meet the demands of after-hours work and the ability to participate in an on call roster
• You must be an Australian Citizen and be able to obtain an ADF Clearance
Please note, Applications coming from those not currently residing in Darwin will be reviewed behind those already established in the area. It is essential you outline how you will facilitate the move to Darwin within your cover letter. There is also no compensation available for those considering the move to the NT.
We acknowledge the importance of our people’s diverse experiences, talents and cultures that they bring to work with them each day. Embracing Diversity and Creating Inclusion is a key component of our Talent Management Strategy. The creation of a Diverse and Inclusive workforce is central to our ability to unlock potential and enhance our success, creating a high-performance business.
Position Reference Number: 94852