Broadspectrum is an operations, maintenance and construction services organisation, operating globally in the resources, energy, industrial, infrastructure, rail, property and defence sectors. This is a diverse and growing business offering the training, opportunities and support you need to begin and build a successful career.
As part of our contract with the Australian Government Department of Defence, Broadspectrum provide materiel maintenance support of land-based equipment for Joint Logistics Command (JLC).
We are currently looking for a Trades Assistant to provide mechanical support to the Vehicle Mechanics on a range of vehicles, plant and equipment.
Along with the ability to effectively communicate, candidates should possess a strong work ethic and be confident with:
• Assisting mechanics with the repair of diesel vehicles and service other plant and road transport equipment
• Assist in the ‘on-base’ recovery of Defence vehicles
• Ensure that technical procedures and inspection test plans are performed in accordance with QA requirements
Skills & Experience
• Technical aptitude and a good understanding of mechanical motors is highly desired
• Australian driving licence essential (c class)
• Medium or Heavy Rigid Licence will be highly regarded
• Forklift licence will be highly regarded
You must be an Australian Citizen and have the ability to maintain a Defence clearance in order to be eligible for these positions.We acknowledge the importance of our people’s diverse experiences, talents and cultures that they bring to work with them each day. Embracing Diversity and Creating Inclusion is a key component of our Talent Management Strategy. The creation of a Diverse and Inclusive workforce is central to our ability to unlock potential and enhance our success, creating a high-performance business Position Reference Number: 91711