The newly opened International Convention Centre Sydney (ICC Sydney) is destined to be Asia Pacific's premier business and cultural events precinct, showcasing Sydney to the world through its convention, exhibition and entertainment venues.
We are currently looking to recruit an Event Services Floor Managers who will provide operational support to clients during events and act as the main point of contact for event stakeholders during an event regarding any issues, ensuring all requests are attended to and Centre policy and procedures adhered to.
- Be the Centre's main point of contact with clients during events.
- Coordinate all arrangements related to assigned groups to ensure the success of the event and promote repeat business.
- Identify and communicate the needs of the customer to other Centre departments to ensure proper service throughout the Centre's operation for assigned groups.
- Assist with the development and implementation of new innovations, improvements to processes, and improvements or upgrades to existing ICC Sydney products and services.
- Monitor all operational activities, anticipate and rectify problems that may arise, ensuring liaison, delegation and negotiation with all operational departments with regard to effective delivery of ICC Sydney services on event day.
- Work closely with the operational departments to ensure general image, presentation and responsiveness levels are achieved.
- Monitor and control move in/out, ensuring schedule is adhered to as planned in the scheduling meeting, issues/problems to be coordinated through the relevant departmental duty person.
- Monitor the operation within the Centre to determine possible actions required to facilitate continuous improvement to Centre services and the facility.
- Develop and maintain relationships with clients, and event contractors encouraging feedback on the delivery of events to facilitate the improvement of products and services.
- Represent the Centre in welcoming VIPs on behalf of the senior management team in their absence.
- Liaise with Freight & Logistics Manager with reference to activities of porters to ensure event and client needs are met and customer service is at the highest level.
- Ensure all work activities and relevant information are recorded in Ungerboeck for monthly report.
The Successful Candidates:
Will have a positive attitude, be a team player, a demonstrated commitment to their career and the desire to be part of one of Sydney's largest and most innovative projects. To succeed, these individuals will have a passion for getting results, be resilient with strong customer service and communication skills and be able to establish good working relationships.