Broadspectrum are an operations, maintenance and services organisation operating globally in the resources, energy, industrial, infrastructure, rail, and property and defence sectors. This is a diverse and growing business, offering a dynamic and challenging environment with a breadth of risk profile rarely found in a single organisation.
Broadspectrum has a long and successful partnership with Mobil Australia and currently seeking a qualified and eager Cost Controller to join our team. This position will see you based at the Mobil Altona refinery, reporting directly to the Project Manager and is responsible for Cost Control Services including but not limited to those of cost estimating, budget control, cost forecasting & cost reporting.
- Understand the Broadspectrum and project(s) specific cost procedures and carry out all work in accordance with these.
- Understand all relevant project documents relating to cost management.
- Work with all relevant project personnel to ensure that cost control procedures are in place.
- Assist is setting up project(s) with Computerised Cost System upon agreed site format.
- Assisting the project manager in identifying and gaining approval of estimates/change requests.
- Reviewing cost commitment and expenditure information for all cost elements, for input to the computerised cost control and reporting system on a weekly basis and ensuring that all information received is accurate and correctly input.
- Producing weekly cost reports and advising management of any forecast cost overruns as soon as possible to allow corrective actions to be taken in a timely manner.
- Highlighting cost areas of concern and suggesting areas of improvement.
- Maintaining registers of financial approvals, variations and change orders.
- Liaising with the Broadspectrum site finance group with regards to establishing monthly evaluation of work done, goods received and services rendered for invoice preparation and verification.
Qualifications & Skills
- 10 years’ experience in project cost control and 5 years’ experience in EPC or EPCM projects.
- Strong management, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Self-directed and highly-motivated.
- Able to work in a fast-paced and deadline-driven environment.
- Detail-oriented, dependable and trustworthy.
- Fluent in written and spoken English language.
- High computer literacy and good working knowledge of relevant cost software.
- Engineering or other relevant degree or tertiary qualification from an accredited institution would be considered an advantage.
Please visit the Careers section of our website or Click “APPLY” to forward your application CV, along with copies of any relevant qualifications. To be considered for this role you will be required to undertake an Australian Federal Police Check and a Pre-employment Medical Assessment.
We acknowledge the importance of our people’s diverse experiences, talents and cultures that they bring to work with them each day. Embracing Diversity and Creating Inclusion is a key component of our Talent Management Strategy. The creation of a Diverse and Inclusive workforce is central to our ability to unlock potential and enhance our success, creating a high-performance business.
For more information about us, visit www.broadspectrum.com