Broadspectrum is an operations, maintenance and construction services organisation, operating globally in the resources, energy, industrial, infrastructure, rail, property and defence sectors. This is a diverse and growing business offering the training, opportunities and support you need to begin and build a successful career.
About the Role
The successful candidate will join our newly created Ferrovial Internal Audit Department, based in Sydney. Reporting into the Internal Audit Manager you will be responsible for the delivery of the audit plan and you will perform a mixture of financial, operational and compliance based reviews across the Ferrovial business in Australia & New Zealand.
Key areas of focus will be -
• Develop and execute internal audit projects as requested and make suitable recommendations to the business
• Gain a deep understanding of the business and it’s processes in order to identify best practices ensuring that they’re aligned to business standards, policies and internal and external regulations
• Collaborate with a diverse portfolio of stakeholders to cross reference audit findings and develop recommendations with relevant line managers
• Produce reports from completed audits including recommendations made for improvements, with the objective to reduce and eliminate risks for the business
• Carry out internal control over financial reporting (ICFR) reviews, including detailed testing, across all relevant processes and entities, reporting findings and ensuring weaknesses are followed up and corrected
• Provide assurance over the controls surrounding delivery of significant business projects
• Carry out ad hoc reviews at the request of senior management
• Maintain and update internal audit processes and procedures
Skills & Experience
We are looking for people with strong stakeholder engagement skills and someone who can build strong relationships across a diverse group. In addition to this we are also looking for candidates who have the ability to think outside the box and are solutions focussed as well being an excellent team player.
• CPA / CA Qualified, Business degree or certified Internal Auditor, or a proven track record in external or internal audit roles
• External Audit experience with at least 6 years practical experience in commercial environment
• Strong analytical skills and a good understanding of risk management principles
• Experience with ICFR or SOX 404 audit requirements
• Ability to work towards tight deadlines whilst maintaining a high standard of work and attention to detail
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Availability to travel across Australia and New Zealand with annual meetings in Spain
We are a high performing business which operates across a diverse portfolio of clients and industry sectors. Working for us will provide you with great company benefits, a flexible work environment and a highly engaging senior leadership team.
We acknowledge the importance of our people’s diverse experiences, talents and cultures that they bring to work with them each day. Embracing Diversity and Creating Inclusion is a key component of our Talent Management Strategy. The creation of a Diverse and Inclusive workforce is central to our ability to unlock potential and enhance our success, creating a high-performance business. Position Reference Number: 95461