Broadspectrum is an operations, maintenance and construction services organisation, operating globally in the resources, energy, industrial, infrastructure, rail, property and defence sectors. This is a complex and safety-focused business offering the technology, training and opportunities you need to forge a satisfying career.
Broadspectrum Australia are currently seeking expressions of Interest for Electrical & Instrumentation Technicians, who will be responsible for carrying out scheduled and preventive maintenance on a wide variety of plant and equipment used in Gas production in the Surat Basin and surrounding areas.
The successful candidate will have proven experience in Oil and Gas sector and have the relevant trade qualifications. You will have a good understanding of work procedures, plant performance and maintenance needs and be able to work in a productive team environment.
Applicants must possess
- Electrical Fitter Mechanic Trade
- Electrical License (Un-restricted)Cert III Instrumentation and Control
- Hazardous Area EEHA noless that 3 years old
- Current drivers licence
- I&E Trade background with experience in Oil & Gas Industry (Instrumentation Technicians C3 qualifications Preferably) Experience/competence with maintenance of Electrical Equipment in Hazardous Areas
- High Voltage Switching experience.
- Power generation experience, ideally with gas turbines
- Emergency Shut Down system and associated field device maintenance experience
- Fire & Gas Detection system and field device maintenance experience
- DCS & PLC exposure
- Proven experience in the use of a CMMS
- Experienced user of business IT systems
- Permit to Work experience
- Plant and equipment, safely and effectively, and provide technical assistance, as required, to the Operations Team
- Execute maintenance per the approved weekly schedule as directed by the Maintenance Supervisor
- Inspect, test, adjust and repair E&I equipment to satisfy appropriate governing standards
- Execute Safety Case Performance Standard maintenance verification and proof testing activities
- Demonstrate high quality fault finding skills and the ability to troubleshoot autonomously, whilst adhering to all procedures
- Maintain maintenance registers and databases for Operations and site specific equipment and systems Support PM & CM Team leader by
- Advice and recommendations on improvements in production and planned maintenance.
- input to design change implementation
- participation in HAZOP reviews
- feedback on preventative plans
- Ensure compliance to Hazardous Area Electrical requirements are always met when performing maintenance
- Observe, monitor and supervise contract staff working onsite during peak periods such as Turnarounds
- Assist in developing SWMS and SOP to ensure safe execution of all I&E activities.
- Responsibility for the identification of continuous improvement opportunities and participation in the development and
In return we offer a family friendly roster (15 days on / 13 days off), Camp accommodation and travel to site supplied. This role is a permanent position.
The successful candidate will be required to undertake a full medical including drug and alcohol screen.
This is your chance to enjoy high profile projects, rewards and support of a global business that’s going places. Please apply now.
We acknowledge the importance of our people’s diverse experiences, talents and cultures that they bring to work with them each day. Embracing Diversity and Creating Inclusion is a key component of our Talent Management Strategy. The creation of a Diverse and Inclusive workforce is central to our ability to unlock potential and enhance our success, creating a high-performance business.
Position Job Ref. No. 95573