Broadspectrum has a long and successful partnership with the Australian Defence Force (ADF)
Due to continued growth Broadspectrum are currently looking to engage a qualified and experienced Firefighter. This position will see you located at RAAF Base Wagga Wagga in a full time rostered position within a well-established team.
- To maintain an effective operational readiness in accordance with the relevant Certified Agreements and Modern Awards
- Perform the role and duties of a Fire-fighter as directed by the Station Officer and Leading fire-fighter.
- Follow all safe work method statements in the delivery of operational outputs for the Fire and Rescue Service.
- Respond to incidents and emergencies in accordance with contractually required timeframes.
- Monitor radio communications as required.
- Undertake any administrative duties associated with the delivery of the Fire and Rescue Service in accordance with requirements and second tasking.
- Participate in training and development activities in accordance with current competency and qualification requirements of the role
- Promote Broadspectrum philosophies by striving for best practice through continuous improvements
Required Skills & Experience:
- Hold Certificate III In Public Safety – Firefighting & Emergency Operations
- Have obtained relevant aviation units, including PUAFIR205B Respond to Aviation Incidents (Specialist) – Note: Candidates without this competency may be considered based upon merit and attributes for training into the role.
- Maintain a Level II First Aid certificate
- A proven track record for performance and professionalism within the fire industry
- A strong focus on team orientation
- You must be an Australian Citizen and able to maintain a Department of Defence Security Clearance.
- Be part of a long term Defence contract
- Competitive remuneration package
- Employee discount scheme
Please Click “APPLY” to forward your application CV, along with copies of the above trade qualifications as well as proof of Citizenship. You must be an Australian Citizen and be able to obtain an ADF Clearance.
We acknowledge the importance of our people’s diverse experiences, talents and cultures that they bring to work with them each day. Embracing Diversity and Creating Inclusion is a key component of our Talent Management Strategy. The creation of a Diverse and Inclusive workforce is central to our ability to unlock potential and enhance our success, creating a high-performance business.
Position Reference Number: 95463