Broadspectrum has a long and successful partnership with the Australian Defence Force (ADF)
Due to continued growth Broadspectrum are currently looking to engage a Fire Station Watchroom Operator. This position will see you located at the Albury Wodonga Military Area (Bandiana) in a full time position within a well-established team.
- To maintain an effective operational readiness in accordance with the relevant Certified Agreements and Modern Awards
- Ensure relevant instructions and processes are adhered to.
- Monitor alarm panels and alert all station crew of any incoming alarms or emergencies in accordance with the requirements of contractual agreements and statements of works.
- Alert and coordinate fire crews to impending incidents and emergencies.
- Monitor radio communications as required.
- Maintain the Fire Station logbook including a record of incident turnout times.
- Obtain and document any emergency information requested by the Incident Controller during emergency situations.
- Ensure that all relevant administrative duties associated with the station watch room are performed.
- Participate in training and development activities in accordance with current competency and qualification requirements of the role.
- Promote Broadspectrum philosophies by striving for best practice through continuous improvements
Required Skills & Experience:
- Hold the following pre-requisite Public Safety competencies:
- PUAFIR215 Prevent Injury
- PUAOPE002B Operate Communications Equipment
- PUATEA001B Work in a Team
- PUACOM001C Communicate in the Workplace
- PUATEA002B Work Autonomously
- Be part of a long-term Defence contract
- Competitive remuneration package
- Employee discount scheme
Please Click “APPLY” to forward your application CV, along with copies of the above trade qualifications as well as proof of Citizenship. You must be an Australian Citizen and be able to obtain an ADF Clearance.
We acknowledge the importance of our people’s diverse experiences, talents and cultures that they bring to work with them each day. Embracing Diversity and Creating Inclusion is a key component of our Talent Management Strategy. The creation of a Diverse and Inclusive workforce is central to our ability to unlock potential and enhance our success, creating a high-performance business.
Position Reference Number: 95462