As part of the Netflow Consortium, we will design, construct, rehabilitate and maintain almost 300 kilometres of urban road network and over 100 structures in Melbourne’s west.
The $1.8 billion project is the first of its kind and the largest single investment in arterial roads in Australia to date. The Public Private Partnership runs for more than 20 years. The long-term contract creates job stability and the once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to be part of this industry-first innovative infrastructure project model.
You can find out more about the project on the VicRoads website: https://www.vicroads.vic.gov.au/planning-and-projects/melbourne-road-projects/western-roads-upgrade
About the role
We are currently seeking an experienced Roads Maintenance Manager to join our Amey Broadspectrum joint venture team, reporting to the Contract Director. The role is responsible in leading and driving the delivery of the maintenance works across a major roads project. You will be accountable for overall project delivery of the maintenance works, ensuring projects are completed within budget, on time and in compliance with the required service standards, whilst promoting and driving a positive and strong safety culture within the delivery team.
Role responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Taking ownership of the maintenance management programs
- Providing guidance, development, mentoring and coaching to maintenance management staff
- Regularly reporting on key maintenance KPI’s for scheduled/ minor capital works to the Contract Director
- Establishing and maintaining a thorough knowledge of contracts, scope of works and the specifications and the technical and engineering requirements on which the routine road maintenance contracts are based
- Applying sound financial literacy and business acumen with the ability to think strategically whilst managing the day to day operational needs.
- Ensuring all planned works are reviewed on a weekly basis to determine project status, with labour and material costs monitored closely
- Collaboratively sharing knowledge and providing timely advice regarding upcoming maintenance tasks.
- Developing, implementing and managing end-to-end systems to track planned maintenance activities to ensure work is completed in a cost-effective manner and mitigate delays
- Ensuring that all client related systems are kept up to date at all times and providing documentation as required by project and client.
- Striving to continuously improve the process and systems through a consultative and team approach
- Management of the operations budget and financial controls
Required Skills, Qualifications and Experience;
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience within a roads maintenance or construction environment
- Proven track record in a road operations people leader role
- Ability to work to budget and time constraints
- Demonstrated experience in managing a broad range of stakeholders
- Experience with working in a collaborative and consultative process in a professional manner
- Excellent communication skills (verbal/written) and be able to manage stakeholders at all levels
- Ability to achieve tight deadlines with high degrees of quality and understanding
- A thought leader who has the courage to challenge the status quo
- A natural relationship builder who collaborates to build and sustain enduring relationships based on trust and integrity
- Ability to identify project safety risks / hazards, conduct and document assessments and carry out site compliance audits
We acknowledge the importance of our people’s diverse experiences, talents and cultures that they bring to work with them each day. Embracing Diversity and Creating Inclusion is a key component of our Talent Management Strategy. The creation of a Diverse and Inclusive workforce is central to our ability to unlock potential and enhance our success, creating a high-performance business.
Position Reference Number: 95576
This is a great opportunity to work in a high performing team and be part of the team's success. Broadspectrum and Amey promote individual performance development and succession planning for our employees to grow and succeed with the business. Broadspectrum and Amey are both part of the Ferrovial Group, employing over one hundred thousand people across over 20 countries. Ferrovial is a thought leader in its fields of Construction, Services, Airports and Toll Roads. By joining us, you have the opportunity to be part of an organisation that enables thousands of people to work together across the globe to create new and exciting ways of working.