Easternwell is one of Australia's leading drilling, well servicing and remote mobile camp management companies. We operate under long term contracts and service some of the world’s largest resource companies. Our broad expertise, experience and capability allow us to deliver the convenience of a full service offering for our clients in the energy and minerals sectors.
At Easternwell our people are the heart of our company and it is through our people that we are breaking new ground, finding better solutions and providing innovative products and services. We employ talented and enthusiastic people who enjoy a challenge and take advantage of the first rate training and career growth opportunities at their fingertips and live their career through our values of integrity, safety and reliability.
About the role:
An exciting opportunity has arisen within our purchasing team for a purchasing officer to join this dynamic group in a fixed term, full time, maternity leave cover.
This role will see the successful applicant ensure the purchasing of goods and services are in accordance with Easternwell’s requirements, whilst encompassing the following responsibilities but are not limited to:
• Contribute to and implement Easternwell’s strategic procurement plan
• Monitor and regulate the process of Material Requisition’s
• Source equipment, obtain competitive quotes, and present to project team for approvals within set time frames
• Reconcile delivered stock against original processes order
• Maintain data within the ERP system and spreadsheets, for reporting to relevant stakeholders
• Expedite orders, co-ordinate freight forwarders and follow up on deliveries
• We encourage applicants from a procurement, customer sales or parts interpreter positions with strong customer focus and negotiation skills to apply for this position.
The successful applicant will possess the following:
• Experience within the same or similar position
• Strong computer skills, including Microsoft suite
• Ability to work to deadlines
• High attention to detail
• Ability to demonstrate strong negotiation and communication skills
• SAP experience will be highly regarded
In return we offer a 12 month fixed term contract, in an established local company with a competitive salary and access to excellent employee benefits.
If you are looking for that next step in your career and believe your skill set is transferable to the above position then we would like to hear from you. Please submit your cover letter and CV through the “apply now” button below.
Easternwell is an equal opportunity employer and we strive to recruit and appoint the best available person regardless of sex, age, religion, race, marital status, nationality, sexual orientation or disability.