Broadspectrum has a long and successful partnership with the Australian Defence Force (ADF)
Broadspectrum are currently seeking an experienced Slipway Supervisor to join the new team at Ross Island Barracks, Townsville.
The role of the Slipway Supervisor is to manage a team to perform all tasks associated with the maintenance and repairs to the Army’s local fleet of landing craft (LCM8).
- Manage a team to perform preventative maintenance, servicing, repairs and breakdown maintenance on the LCM8 fleet
- Manage major overhauls and authorised modification programs to this fleet
- Conduct vessel start-ups and system function tests which may include basin and harbour trials
- Operate travel lift on slipway
- Work safely within timeframes specified in work orders to the required work standards
- Maintain maintenance records associated with the work conducted
- Ensure that technical procedures, inspections and test plans are performed within accordance with QA requirements
Skills and Experience:
- Possess a recognised Trade Certificate III in Engineering – Mechanical Trade (MEM30205) or Trade Certificate III in Heavy Commercial Vehicle Mechanical Technology (AUR31116) or equivalent
- Possess a current Confined Space ticket or the ability to obtain one
- Open drivers licence
- Promote a positive HSE culture in the workplace
- Open and clear communication within a team environment
- Previous experience within a marine maintenance environment to maintain Class 2B vessels and associated equipment would be highly regarded
- Possession of a Marine Engine Drive – Grade 1 (MED1) qualification would be extremely advantageous
Please Click “APPLY” to forward your application CV, along with copies of the above trade qualifications as well as proof of Citizenship. You must be an Australian Citizen and be able to obtain an ADF Clearance.
We acknowledge the importance of our people’s diverse experiences, talents and cultures that they bring to work with them each day. Embracing Diversity and Creating Inclusion is a key component of our Talent Management Strategy. The creation of a Diverse and Inclusive workforce is central to our ability to unlock potential and enhance our success, creating a high-performance business.
Position Reference Number: 97339