Broadspectrum are an operations, maintenance and services organisation operating globally in the resources, energy, industrial, infrastructure, rail, and property and defence sectors.
Broadspectrum are currently looking to engage an experienced Injury Management Advisor to provide early intervention and effective management of all workplace injuries. The purpose of this role is to promote a safe and durable return to work, ensuring appropriate treatment and engaging as well as supporting Line Management and Support Services staff in the management and prevention of injury. This position will see you in a permanent fulltime role based in Melbourne.
Responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Development and maintenance of structured return to work plans for all injured workers
- Negotiating effective, safe and durable return to work activities for injured workers with all key stakeholders including nominated treating doctor’s, the injured worker, supervisors, case management/insurance personnel, supervisors and management
- Actively monitoring return to work plans and communicate regularly with all parties to ensure that goals are achieved
- Maintain injury management files to the standards set by Broadspectrum (Aust) Pty Ltd and relevant WorkCover authorities
- Work with the workers compensation case managers to ensure appropriate treatment and injury management strategies are developed
- Provide advice to Broadspectrum on risk management and minimising injuries in the workplace
- Conduct workplace and ergonomic assessments when required
- Provide education and training to all staff on injury prevention
- Develop and implement effective tools and strategies for injury prevention
- Engage management, staff, supervisors, and support services in injury management activities
- Educate line management on injury management and the prevention of injuries
- Develop Job Dictionary of Roles and Functional Demands
Skills and Experience
- Allied health qualifications such as physiotherapy, occupational therapy, sports science, nursing
- Extensive experience within injury management / workplace injury management / rehabilitation
- Highly developed organisational and communication skills
- Ability to negotiate, manage change and influence
- Return to work coordinator accreditation
- Ability to conduct workplace & ergonomic assessments
- Some travel and/or long distance driving maybe required
Please visit the Careers section of our website or Click “APPLY” to forward your application CV, along with copies of your qualifications and proof of Citizenship/Permanent Residency. The incumbent to this role must be eligible to hold a Defence Security Clearance up to the level of Negative Vetting Level 1 (Secret). As a result of this requirement the incumbent must be an Australian Citizen.
Broadspectrum is an equal opportunity employer and we strive to recruit and appoint the best available person regardless of sex, age, religion, race, marital status, nationality, sexual orientation or disability.