Allwater are currently seeking a suitably experienced candidate to fulfil the role of Water Quality Coordinator to work in our Customer & Business Systems team. The role is based at Hope Valley Water Treatment Plant but requires frequent travel within the area serviced by Allwater across Metropolitan Adelaide.
Joining an experienced and dedicated team you will play an important role in supporting and contributing to Allwater operations to achieve optimal Water, Re-use Water and Waste Water performance and ensure water quality targets are achieved.
The successful candidate will be responsible for, but not limited to:
- Monitoring and interpreting operational data and advise on maintenance of drinking water, reuse water supplies, wastewater treatment processes and prevent water quality incidents.
- Responding to water quality and environmental incidents and initiating corrective actions.
- Responding to health-related customer and water quality complaints.
- Reporting to management on system performance including the provision of information for regular EPA and DHA reports.
- Provision of proactive advice to operational functional areas of the business and SA Water.
- Driving improvement processes for the Group and for Allwater operations.
- Conducting investigations and projects in support of improved process or product quality outcomes.
To be considered for this role you will demonstrate:
- Good understanding of water supply principles (catchment to tap) or understanding of water or waste water quality management principles.
- Proven problem solving and analytical skills and abilities.
- Excellent communication and people skills.
- The ability to work in a team.
- Experience in data manipulation and management and/or some statistical knowledge.
- Qualifications in a technical/trade discipline or an Engineering/Science Degree.
- Significant computer literacy in at least Microsoft office suite.
- Current unrestricted Australian driver’s license is required
- Verification of qualifications/licenses will be undertaken along with pre-employment medicals and background police checks for all shortlisted candidates.
- The right to work in Australia
To apply for this position, please forward an updated CV and Cover Letter in application for the role by clicking ‘APPLY’ and following the promts.
Allwater prides itself on a commitment to safety, a drive for excellence and offers challenge, growth and career opportunity in a supportive working environment.