Broadspectrum and Suez, have teamed together as Allwater - an internationally experienced team that combines operating and technical excellence on a global scale within the Water and Wastewater Industry.
Together with our Alliance partner SA Water, Allwater is responsible for the operation and maintenance of the water and wastewater networks and associated assets throughout the Adelaide metropolitan area.
Allwater are seeking a suitably experienced candidate to fulfil the role of Process Optimisation Engineer to join our Technical and Innovation team at our head office in the Adelaide CBD. Reporting to the Technical and Innovation Manager, you will be primarily responsible for providing process engineering and technical support to all water plants management teams on operations and maintenance issues.
The successful candidate will be responsible for, but not limited to:
- Providing specific process support to operations to assist with meeting on-going licence and contract requirements
- Providing specific process support to assist with development and implementation of optimisation plans to assist with reducing operating costs, improving process performance and improving process capacity
- Undertaking R&D investigations working with the Alliance Technology Transfer Manager and assist the implementation of R&D findings
- Ensuring relevant research and/or process improvement projects are completed on time and within budget
- Developing technical documentation and providing technical training as required
- Maintaining an ongoing and current understanding of all aspects of water, wastewater and reuse technologies and facilitate implementation
- Providing technical input into the Energy Management System including energy planning, energy review, energy baseline calculations and facilitating the meeting of objectives and targets
- Direct involvement with the planning, undertaking and reporting of the Technical Assistance Program (TAP)
- Ensuring compliance with legal, statutory and other requirements to safeguard public health and the environment
To be considered for this role you will demonstrate:
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Experience working in a similar role
- Project Management skills
- The ability to work in a team
- Tertiary qualifications in an engineering or scientific discipline related to the treatment of water/wastewater will be advantageous
- You will also be required to work flexible hours to meet job demands where necessary
- Current unrestricted Australian driver’s license is required
- Verification of qualifications/licenses will be undertaken along with pre-employment medicals and background police checks for all shortlisted candidates
- The right to work in Australia
To apply for this position, please forward an updated CV and Cover Letter in application for the role by clicking ‘APPLY’ and following the promts.
Allwater prides itself on a commitment to safety, a drive for excellence and offers challenge, growth and career opportunity in a supportive working environment.
We acknowledge the importance of our people’s diverse experiences, talents and cultures that they bring to work with them each day. Embracing Diversity and Creating Inclusion is a key component of our Talent Management Strategy. The creation of a Diverse and Inclusive workforce is central to our ability to unlock potential and enhance our success, creating a high-performance business.
Position Reference Number: 97755