Allwater are now seeking a Process Technician to join our northern Water Treatment operations team. Working across the four northern metro water treatment plants the successful candidate will be a part of Allwater’s commitment to world class water quality by ensuring both public health and customer satisfaction is maintained at a level second to none. Joining an experienced and dedicated team, you will play an important role in the effective operation of the northern WTPs.
Initially starting at the Little Para WTP reporting to the Little Para Plant Supervisor, you will be responsible for ensuring that the efficient operation and maintenance of the plant is delivered in a compliant, safe and environmentally sound manner.
Initially a rostered on-call function will not be part of the position but in time a 1 in 4 on call is an important part of an ongoing process technician role.
The successful candidate will be responsible for, but not limited to:
- Operating and maintaining the Water Treatment Plant in accordance with business requirements
- Monitoring and implementing the necessary operational changes in consultation with the Plant Supervisor
- Participating in site activities to ensure compliance with stringent quality, safety and environmental procedures
- Sampling and laboratory water testing requirements
- Undertaking general operational, technical and plant maintenance duties whilst maintaining documentation in accordance with ISO certification requirements
To be considered for this role you will demonstrate:
- Excellent interpersonal skills which will enable you to foster positive working relationships with a wide variety of stakeholders
- Proven experience in a similar role in water or wastewater treatment operations or maintenance will be advantageous
- A methodical approach and high attention to detail will be necessary to record and analyse crucial data effectively
- Experience with SCADA, automated control systems, good general understanding of IT systems is desirable
- Your technical aptitude and acumen will ensure that you are able to identify and troubleshoot crucial process issues in a timely and effective manner
- Flexible approach to your working hours will also be essential to cover the requirements of the position
- Qualifications in a technical/trade discipline
- Current unrestricted Australian driver’s license is required
- Verification of qualifications/licenses will be undertaken along with pre-employment medicals and background police checks for all shortlisted candidates.
- The right to work in Australia
To apply this position, please forward an updated CV and Cover Letter to HR@allwater.net.au no later than COB Monday 4 June 2018.
Allwater prides itself on a commitment to safety, a drive for excellence and offers challenge, growth and career opportunity in a supportive working environment.