The purpose of this role is to drive, operate & maintain the Broadspectrum Track Surfacing Machines (Tamping Machines and Ballast Regulators) in an operational environment throughout various rail networks.
The responsibilities of the Track Surfacing Machine Operator include but are not limited to;
- Report to the Plant & Equipment (P&E) Superintendent daily and liaise with operations staff and contractors as required.
- Work with other team members in carrying out COP duties and operation of both tamper and ballast regulators.
- Execution of the day to day delivery of the track surfacing program.
- Ensure a high quality of work is produced and understand the Quality and Work Procedures required in Customer Specifications.
- Perform / assist with regular maintenance to ensure the machines are mechanically capable of producing the quality of work required in accordance with established standards at a satisfactory output rate.
- Provide and maintain maintenance records pertaining to equipment serviced, repaired and altered.
- Complete Track Maintenance Machine Log Book TMF-5003-OP-0027 and forward to the appropriate Administration Officer weekly.
- Liaise with Train Control in regard train running information and track activities Includes arranging track possession which allows optimum use of available track time.
- Work with the team to develop alternative start / finish times to maximise available track time.
- Comply with the requirements of the Track Surfacing Process.
- Mentoring and on the job training of trainee operators.
- Ensure Time sheets and plant returns are correct, signed and are forwarded to the appropriate administration officer weekly.
- Maintain OH&S standards for the machines, manage P.P.E., and cleanliness of the machines, especially the cabins and road vehicles.
KEY WORKING RELATIONSHIPS:
The Tamper Operator will be required to build key relationships with the following positions:
- Operations Superintendent
- P&E Superintendent
- Client Representative
- Protection Officers
- Tamper Team Crews
- Track Workers
RISK, HEALTH, SAFETY, QUALITY & ENVIRONMENT:
- Promote a positive HSE culture in the workplace.
- Comply with Broadspectrum Risk Management, Quality Assurance and Health, Safety and Environment management systems, including statutory obligations.
- Support and promote the mandatory safety rule system
- Initiate actions to prevent the occurrence of non-conformities in processes or systems.
- Identify, initiate, recommend and assist in the issue resolution process.
- Verify and confirm the effective implementation of said solutions.
- Rail Industry Worker Card – Rail Bound Plant Operator - essential
- Tamper Qualifications (Computer Control System) essential
- Mechanical Trade Background - desirable
- Rail Industry background - essential
- Drivers Licence HR - desirable
- To be prepared to work at irregular shift hours, weekends, Public Holidays and attend call outs.
- To stay away from home for a period of time e.g. a 10/4 roster locally or interstate (during shift periods).
- Be prepared to undertake additional training as required
Please Click “APPLY” to forward your application and your CV.
We acknowledge the importance of our people’s diverse experiences, talents and cultures that they bring to work with them each day. Embracing Diversity and Creating Inclusion is a key component of our Talent Management Strategy. The creation of a Diverse and Inclusive workforce is central to our ability to unlock potential and enhance our success, creating a high-performance business.
Position Reference Number: 94739