Easternwell is one of Australia's leading drilling, well servicing and remote mobile camp management companies. We operate under long term contracts and service some of the world’s largest resource companies.
Easternwell is currently seeking a motivated and enthusiastic Rig Mechanic to join our Field team. You will report directly to the Mechanical Superintendent & Maintenance Manager and liaise with Operations and Field staff to ensure the seamless operation of its rig fleet. The point of hire is Toowoomba and you will be working in the field on an equal time roster (2/2 or 3/3).
- Contribute to the attainment of company strategic priorities with the provision of a safe working environment and adherence to company policy and procedures
- Read engineering, schematic and mechanical diagrams, drawings or specifications to determine job requirements
- Inspect and repair vehicles and trailers as per the National Heavy Vehicle Accreditation system Scheme
- Servicing, maintaining and performing repairs to all rig equipment in accordance with company requirements
- Identify and order parts and equipment required to perform maintenance tasks using company systems.
- Using one of our service vehicles you will be providing maintenance, break-down and servicing assistance to various sites throughout the company operating area
To be successful in this role you will have the following:
- A trade Certificate in Heavy Diesel Mechanic with 3 or more years’ experience, post trade in heavy industry
- Air-con and Auto Electrical experience, qualifications and diagnostic skills will be highly regarded
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and good understanding of computer systems
- The ability to demonstrate a commitment to safety and contribute to an injury free environment through compliance with company policy and procedures
- Have strong interpersonal skills, a positive attitude and be a team player
- Previous experience in the Oil and Gas Drilling/Workover sector is advantageous
- The proven ability to fault find and troubleshoot under pressure
- Experience in Hydraulic systems open & closed loop systems
- Prior field service experience conducting breakdowns / diagnostics / component changeouts
You would experience what it is like to be part of a company that cares about its people, with:
- Exceptional safety records, standards and practices
- Nationally accredited training
- Competitive remuneration
- Consistent Work
- A supportive and family orientated company
To apply online, click the 'apply' button below - Please note that our process include Pre-Employment Medicals (incl. drug testing) and Police Checks.
We acknowledge the importance of ours people’s diverse experiences, talents and culture that they bring to work with them each day. Embracing Diversity and Creating Inclusion are key components of our Talent Management Strategy. The creation of a Diverse and Inclusive workforce is central to our ability to unlock potential and enhance our success, creating a high-performance business.