Broadspectrum and Suez, have teamed together as Allwater - an internationally experienced team that combines operating and technical excellence on a global scale within the Water and Wastewater Industry.
Together with our Alliance partner SA Water, Allwater is responsible for the operation and maintenance of the water and wastewater networks and associated assets throughout the Adelaide metropolitan area.
Allwater are seeking experienced candidates to fulfil the role of Field Operations Supervisor within the Customer Field Services team based at Happy Valley. This permanent, full-time role will report to the Southern Region Customer Field Services Manager. The successful candidates will work closely with a range of stakeholders including Supervisors, Managers, Planners, Dispatchers, Safety, Human Resources, Direct Reports, SA Water and the general public to ensure a high level of customer service.
The Supervisor will have accountability for aspects relating to the maintenance of water distribution systems and wastewater collection systems of Metropolitan Adelaide. The successful candidate will be responsible for supervising their work groups and actively demonstrating a commitment to safety that results in compliance with procedures and systems. In addition to this, the successful candidate will display a high level of customer service to be able to positively interact with internal and external stakeholders at all levels, on a daily basis.
The successful candidate will be responsible for, but not limited to:
- Leading from the front to demonstrate a commitment to deliver a safe work environment at all times.
- Ensuring environmental incident reports and health & safety notifications are reported on time through safety system Skytrust and SAAM.
- Ensuring all work is completed in accordance with SPIs and ESCOSA targets.
- Reviewing and analysing contractual performance within the Networks Maintenance Group and making recommendations for improvement.
- Supervising field staff performance and providing feedback to foster ongoing improvement.
- Ensuring staff are actively engaged, trained and competent to undertake activities within each function to ensure the succession of key roles.
- Assisting with the recruitment, selection and onboarding of staff to ensure skills are aligned to workforce demands.
- Coordinating major/significant events by liaising with customers to deal with complaints, answering queries and organising remediation activities.
- Identifying CAPEX requirements and assisting in the preparation of CAPEX submissions (e.g. vehicles, plant & equipment).
To be considered for this role you will demonstrate:
- A continuous improvement mindset to ensure the safe and efficient running of business operations.
- Experience working with both water distribution systems and wastewater collection systems (pressure and gravity systems) is desirable.
- Experience in managing a diverse work group, performance management and staff development.
- Excellent interpersonal skills which will enable you to foster positive working relationships with a number of stakeholders.
- A flexible approach to work that will enable you to meet the fast paced demands of the role.
- A willingness to develop your own professional profile and a commitment to ongoing learning.
- Openness to travelling to different work locations from time to time.
- Strong technology skills and be a proficient user in Microsoft Office Suite, Aqualink, Maximo, Asset Management Systems and Skytrust. Ability to use and provide guidance to others with new systems such as Click Dispatch and Work Order App.
- Previous experience in a leadership role
- Qualifications in a technical/trade discipline or relevant industry experience
- Current unrestricted Australian driver’s license is required
- Verification of qualifications/licenses will be undertaken along with pre-employment medicals and background police checks for all shortlisted candidates.
- The right to work in Australia
It is expected that the person taking on this role will need to work flexible hours to suit the business needs and will also provide an out of hours on call function. With the business response requiring 24 hour coverage, there is an opportunity to work flexible/split hours to cover operational as well as personal needs. Core hours of work are 0700 to 2330.
To apply this position, please forward a current CV and Cover Letter addressing the key criteria, by clicking ‘APPLY’ and following the promts.
Allwater prides itself on a commitment to safety, a drive for excellence and offers challenge, growth and career opportunity in a supportive working environment.
We acknowledge the importance of our people’s diverse experiences, talents and cultures that they bring to work with them each day. Embracing Diversity and Creating Inclusion is a key component of our Talent Management Strategy. The creation of a Diverse and Inclusive workforce is central to our ability to unlock potential and enhance our success, creating a high-performance business.
Position Reference Number: 98596