Broadspectrum is an operations, maintenance and construction services organisation, operating globally in the resources, energy, industrial, infrastructure, rail, property and defence sectors. This is a diverse and growing business offering the training, opportunities and support you need to begin and build a successful career.
Broadspectrum are currently seeking a Fitter Armourer to contribute to the effective and efficient delivery of the workshop services, within their Defence Land Materiel Maintenance contract. This position will see you carry out weapons maintenance on specialist Defence equipment predominately small arms.
Further duties will include but are not limited to:
• Inspect, repair, modify and recondition military armaments, and small engines, and carry out general engineering tasks
• Undertake Non-Programmed work, resulting from equipment failure or accident, and Programmed work including forecast maintenance, servicing, Equipment Maintenance Programs (EMP) and approved modification program.
• Off-Site Services comprising the support of other activities conducted by units in the area of regional maintenance responsibility including support during range practices.
• Conduct technical inspections of all ADO equipment adhering to specified time frames stated in EMEI's.
• Conform with the Technical Regulatory Framework.
• Undertake within qualifications, ability, or supervision workshop activities including, general engineering, electrical equipment maintenance, vehicle maintenance, modifications and upgrades, manufacture of training support Items and equipment calibration.
• Utilise the Military Integrated Logistics Information System (MILIS), ChemAlert and other systems as required.
• Manage Dangerous Goods including ChemAlert data and register.
• Co-ordinate workshop supplies and parts procurement including stock control.
• Create and maintain maintenance work orders.
Skills & Experience
Along with a strong work ethic, candidates should hold:
• TRF Level 1 – Possess a recognised Trade Certificate III of Proficiency (Fitter & Turner).
• Successful completion of the Army Logistics Training Centre (ALTC) Basic Fitter Armament course.
• Possess the demonstrated ability and practical experience in the operation of lathes, millers, metal working machines, Oxy Acetylene and Arc welding, and metal fabrication processes.
• Possess a current Australian State or territory class C Driver’s Licence.
• Able to adapt to Change, work within a Team Environment, display excellent Time Management and competently carry out Problem Identification tasks.
• Experience in workshop administration including scheduling of works, service logs, time management, plant history, statutory maintenance, parts acquisition etc.
• Computer literate with skills in Excel, Word and Email – Internet applications
• Knowledge of MILIS (where required completed applicable modules for job assigned)
• Knowledge of the Electronic Supply Chain Manual
• Knowledge of or the ability to gain knowledge of the Electronic Defence Security Manual where required
• Experience in hydraulics, electrical, welding, minor fabrication and the maintenance and servicing of minor plant and equipment.
You must be an Australian Citizen and have the ability pass a federal police check and maintain a Defence clearance in order to be eligible for this position.
It is an expectation that you will inform your manager of an application, if you have been in your current position for less than 12 months, please seek their permission prior to applying.
We acknowledge the importance of our people’s diverse experiences, talents and cultures that they bring to work with them each day. Embracing Diversity and Creating Inclusion is a key component of our Talent Management Strategy. The creation of a Diverse and Inclusive workforce is central to our ability to unlock potential and enhance our success, creating a high-performance business.
Position Reference Number: 98619