Broadspectrum are an operations, maintenance and services organisation operating globally in the resources, energy, industrial, infrastructure, rail, and property and defence sectors.
Broadspectrum has a long and successful partnership with the Australian Defence Force (ADF) and is now expanding due to the renewal and extension of the Base Services contract to manage ADF facilities under the new contract on a national level.
Broadspectrum are currently looking to engage an experienced Vehicle Trimmer to perform all vehicle trimmer trade related tasks associated with the maintenance and repair of vehicles, plant and equipment. This includes, but is not limited to, make, install, repair, replace or modify the seats, upholstery, roof and door linings, interior trim and floor coverings of a vehicle. This position will see you based at Puckapunyal in a permanent part time position.
Responsibilities include but not limited to;
- Conducting vehicle trimmer maintenance tasks, including technical inspection and classification, for which they are competent and qualified within time frames specified in Work Orders to the required Work Standards and/or the standard detailed in materiel specific instructions. This may include:
- remove old coverings or fittings from vehicles and take new measurements
- select, measure and cut out pieces of fabric, vinyl or leather using shears or electric cutting tools
- sew pieces together using industrial sewing machines
- fit trim in vehicles
- repair and manufacture seat covers
- repair tents
- refit, align and check window winding mechanisms, door locks and other interior parts
- waterproof and dustproof vehicles using weather strips and draught sealers
- manufacture work according to drawings and sketches.
- Notifying supervisors if they detect any additional equipment faults and briefing on all completed tasks
- Operate a wide range of equipment, tools, including hand and power tools, precision measuring tools and equipment.
- Assist in non-mechanical maintenance and construction tasks as required
- On the completion of maintenance tasks:
- Conduct checks to ensure that the maintenance tasks have been completed in accordance with the relevant Work Standard
- Signing the relevant section of a Job Card to certify that a tasks has been completed in accordance with the Work Standard
- Recording on the task documentation any other faults observed
- Briefing supervisors on completed tasks
- Investigate materiel defects and reporting on unsatisfactory materiel, and drafting reports
Skills and Experience
- Possess a recognised Trade Certificate III of Proficiency (Vehicle Body – Trimming).
- Demonstrated ability and experience to inspect and repair damage to motor vehicle trim and other fabric systems.
- Basic knowledge of removal of Hazardous Material.
- Ability to learn and use proprietary software necessary to support the position
- Current Drivers Licence
- Basic understanding of Computerised Maintenance Management System desirable.
Please visit the Careers section of our website or Click “APPLY” to forward your application CV, along with copies of your trade qualifications and proof of Citizenship/Permanent Residency.
The incumbent to this role must be eligible to hold a Defence Security Clearance up to the level of Negative Vetting Level 1 (Secret). As a result of this requirement the incumbent must be an Australian Citizen
Broadspectrum is an equal opportunity employer and we strive to recruit and appoint the best available person regardless of sex, age, religion, race, marital status, nationality, sexual orientation or disability