Broadspectrum, an operations, maintenance and services organisation operating globally in the resources, energy, industrial, infrastructure, rail, property and defence sectors. We offer a flexible working arrangements with a team orientated working environment.
We are currently looking to engage an experienced and self-motivated Regional Environmental Services Manager to oversee the planning and delivery of a broad environmental, and sustainable land management program of works across our sites for Defence in Western Australia. This is a varied role, working at both an operational and strategic level in order to identify, develop and implement programs of work to continually improve and evolve our land management outcomes for Defence.
Duties will include but are not limited to:
- Developing and implementing land management strategies and action plans that ensure sustainable estate maintenance and risk management for Defence. These will include but are not limited to bushfire mitigation, weed management, overabundant native and feral animal management, flora and fauna studies and ground and surface water monitoring.
- Managing a mix of subcontracted and an in-house workforce delivering sustainable land management across Defences ranges and bases across the state
- Audit, analyse and report environmental and safety performance to internal and external clients and regulatory bodies
- Liaise with Defence, external stakeholder and statutory authorities on environmental matters where required
- Conduct financial management, assurance and cost control across the Western Australian Environmental Services Business
- Promote and raise awareness, at all levels within Services and determine the impact of emerging environmental issues, whether legislative or best practice on corporate, ethical and social responsibility
Reporting to the National Environment Manager, You will be responsible for the development, implementation and monitoring of environmental strategies, policies and programmes that promote sustainable long-term use of the Defence Estate. Conducting examinations of activities to establish where improvements can be made and ensure compliance with environmental legislation across services.
- Qualifications and experience in Natural Resource Management, Ecology, Environmental Science or similar discipline
- Experience with GIS and spatial data management systems
- Project Management experience
- Experience with SAP or similar financial accounting systems High level of communication and stakeholder management skills
- Results focused with the ability to identify and prioritise problems and issues, generate solutions and work collaboratively to achieve a successful outcome
- Sound financial management skills
- Proven ability to communicate with and influence key stakeholders including regulators
- Possesses highly developed verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills
Please update your resume & provide a detailed cover letter and apply via the links.
You must be an Australian Citizen and be able to maintain a Department of Defence Security Clearance.