Broadspectrum is an operations, maintenance and construction services organisation, operating globally in the resources, energy, industrial, infrastructure, rail, property and defence sectors. This is a diverse and growing business offering the training, opportunities and support you need to begin and build a successful career.
Broadspectrum is welcoming applications for an experienced Employee Relations Manager with a strong background in industrial relations and with a focus on building effective employee and key stakeholder relationships.
Reporting to the General Manager Human Resources, this position is responsible for building employee relations capability, enabling management effectiveness through proactive employee relations operations and strategy.
Accountabilities in ER Planning or Specialist Advice include:
- Ensuring the local ER plans and initiatives are aligned with contractual business needs and other company initiatives including bid preparation and mobilisation and business service liaison.
- Supporting Contract Managers, HRBPs and Business Leaders to develop and implement the EA strategic development process, including EA planning and bargaining, interpretation of EAs, investigations and legislative updates.
- Providing advice relating to complex or sensitive issues, including: application of legislation, deployment and interpretation of people policies, EA provisions and conditions.
- Managing the ongoing relationships with Unions, delegates and employees, including resolution of escalated matters
- Providing specialist, knowledgeable and readily available ER contact point on complex and/or sensitive employment matters
- Representing Broadspectrum in unfair dismissal claims and other advocacy matters at Fair Work Australia or other external tribunals
Key Attributes we are looking for include:
- Minimum of 5 years Employees Relations or equivalent HR Management experience.
- Relevant Degree in Human Resources, Law, Business or a related discipline would be beneficial
- Excellent negotiation and influencing skills, to engage with a wide range of stakeholders
- Demonstrated experience in collaborative and consultative processes at a professional level.
- An ability to work flexibly and adaptively in a complex environment with multiple stakeholders.
We acknowledge the importance of our people’s diverse experiences, talents and cultures that they bring to work with them each day. Embracing Diversity and Creating Inclusion is a key component of our Talent Management Strategy. The creation of a Diverse and Inclusive workforce is central to our ability to unlock potential and enhance our success, creating a high-performance business. Position Reference Number: 98811