Broadspectrum is an operations, maintenance and construction services organisation, operating globally in the resources, energy, industrial, infrastructure, rail, property and defence sectors. This is a diverse and growing business offering the training, opportunities and support you need to begin and build a successful career.
Broadspectrum are seeking an experienced Scheduler to provide and maintain planning, scheduling, quality assurance, work packs and maintenance management support services within the Darwin based, Defence Land Materiel Maintenance contract.
The successful candidate will posse excellent problem solving skills, great customer service focus and drive to deliver positive work solutions.
Further you will:
• Plan network maintenance activities and programs;
• Record the maintenance plan in the Commonwealth Mandated Information System;
• Use the Commonwealth Mandated Information System for Work Order management, maintenance task scheduling, parts requisition and parts management;
• Liaise with JLU customers for daily, weekly, monthly and yearly requirements;
• Perform additional work related responsibilities as Directed by the Commonwealth such as first aid attendant, safety committee representative, unit fire team representative and/or member of a business improvement team.
• Provide support to JLU in the provision of data and management of work orders.
• Overview the mandatory report process ensuring that all documentation is uploaded to facilitate claiming.
• Initiate action to prevent occurrence of non-conformance and implement solutions. Report and act on any non-conformances that appear in the process and implement corrective action.
Skills & Experience:
This role will suit a candidate who has had previous military experience and is looking for a role within the private sector, working in a familiar environment.
You should also be able to demonstrate:
• Relevant qualifications in planning and scheduling.
• Demonstrated at least three years’ experience in conducting planning and scheduling activities within a complex maintenance environment, including working with trade staff, coordinating repair parts and other resources.
• Demonstrated experience in managing customer service and customer expectations.
• Excellent Customer Service focus.
• Good problem solving skills, writing and analysis skills.
• Excellent communications skills.
• Well-developed computer skills in Microsoft and SAP (prefer) and CMIS.
• Working knowledge of MILIS (Military Integrated Logistics Information System)
• Relevant professional qualifications are desirable
You must be an Australian Citizen and have the ability to maintain a Defence clearance in order to be eligible for these positions.
We acknowledge the importance of our people’s diverse experiences, talents and cultures that they bring to work with them each day. Embracing Diversity and Creating Inclusion is a key component of our Talent Management Strategy. The creation of a Diverse and Inclusive workforce is central to our ability to unlock potential and enhance our success, creating a high-performance business.