frank green is looking for an experienced Bookkeeper to assist in managing our day-to-day accounting and finance requirements. Confidentiality, excellent organizational skills and accuracy are important qualifications for this position, as well as good customer relations and the ability to communicate clearly. The ideal candidate for this position is a skilled multi-tasker, is reliable and is committed to consistently meeting deadlines.
- Part time role (3 days/week)
- Flexibility offered
- Work for one of Australia’s leading environmentally responsible and innovative businesses
- Role available immediately
Are you looking for a flexible and exciting role in one of Australia’s leading environmentally responsible and innovative businesses?
It’s an exciting time for frank green. We’re growing quickly – both here in Australia and internationally – and we can’t do it alone. We’re looking for talented people who want to be part of the frank green story.
We currently have the opportunity for a hands-on and passionate part-time Bookkeeper to join our global head office 2days/week in South Melbourne and 1day/week in Altona North. Flexibility is available for the right candidate.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
Working 3 days/week, you’ll be helping us with a range of daily bookkeeping duties including:
- Maintain and manage accurate financial transactions in the ledger.
- Ensure the ledger reflects all current creditor invoices, and manage all payments to creditors.
- Check figures and reporting for accuracy.
- Record transactions such as income and outgoings, and ensure accurate posting in the ledger
- Perform bank reconciliations regularly ensuring Xero reflects the latest transactions and all transactions have invoices loaded.
- Support the CFO with cash flow management.
- Balance the general ledger by preparing a trial balance; reconciling entries.
- Prepare BAS statements quarterly and ensure that all financial records are accurate and timely for end of financial year audits.
- Assist with the preparation of FBT return, annual work cover statements and tax returns
- Assist with preparation of forecasts and budgets.
- Produce balance sheet, profit and loss and other reports as required by the CFO.
- Support the customer service team and sales team as required.
- Undertake any other specific duties as required by the CFO.
Experience and skills required:
- Minimum 5 years bookkeeping experience.
- Experience with XERO is essential and current knowledge of all legislation associated with the preparation and maintenance of organisational financials.
- Experience with or working knowledge of international companies including applicable legislation within the UK, USA, Hong Kong is desirable.
- Advanced excel skills (pivot tables, vlookups etc) and proficiency with other Microsoft Office applications.
- BAS Agent registration and completion of at least a Certificate IV in Bookkeeping or a Certificate IV in Accounting.
- Experience working in Customer Service desirable but not essential.
- Attention to Detail – own and understand the numbers ensuring accuracy and completeness at all times.
- Organisational skills – can prioritise and plan multiple activities and meet objectives within established timelines.
- Sense of urgency.
- Initiative with the ability to challenge the status quo – not afraid to question “why” and can seek out and finds better ways to do things.
- Process improvement focus – develop and implement new processes and procedures to improve efficiencies and accuracies.
- Resilience and can do attitude – is not afraid of a challenge and can persevere with following through with a task.
- Communication skills – can effectively communicate internally and externally in both verbal and written form.
- Integrity – honesty and commitment to performing in the best interests of the company.
- Confidentiality – maintain all sensitive data, information and conversations confidential.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
We are looking to recruit this role as soon as possible so don’t be shy and please forward your resume and a cover letter today and tell us why you’d be the perfect addition to the frank green team. Interviews will commence immediately with successful applicants so don’t miss out on your chance to join our team!