Employee Relations Manager
Broadspectrum is welcoming applications for an experienced and commercially-minded Employee Relations Manager with a strong background in industrial relations and strategic planning.
Reporting to the Executive Manager Employee Relations for our Government Sector, this position is responsible for working closely with the management team overseeing Broadspectrum’s largest national contract, with a key focus on the development and implementation of their employee relations strategies.
This role will also be a member of the contract leadership team and provide coordination and support across the broader HR function.
Accountabilities within this role include, but are not limited to:
- Ensuring the strategic ER plans and initiatives are aligned with contractual business needs and other company initiatives including bid preparation and mobilisation and business service liaison
- Working with the contract leadership team,, HR Business Partners and Business Leaders to develop and implement the EA Gate process, including EA planning and bargaining, interpretation of EAs, investigations and legislative updates
- Providing advice relating to complex and/or sensitive issues, including: application of legislation, deployment and interpretation of people policies, EA provisions and conditions
- Managing the ongoing relationships with multiple unions, delegates and employees, including resolution of escalated matters
- Representing Broadspectrum in unfair dismissal claims, disputes and other matters requiring advocacy in the Fair Work Commission or other external tribunals
Key Attributes and Experience we are looking for include:
- Relevant tertiary degree in industrial relations, employment law or a related discipline
- Significant experience in the development and delivery of multiple EA bargaining strategies (within a high-volume environment)
- Strong technical and working knowledge of the Fair Work Act, operating within a highly unionised environment
- Demonstrated project and process management and organisational skills
- Demonstrated experience in managing collaborative and consultative processes at a professional level
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work independently and as a member of a team
- Exposure to commercial issues and demonstrated commercial acumen
- Excellent written communication, facilitation and presentation skills
- Experienced with IT systems and Microsoft Office suite
- An ability to work flexibly and adaptively in a complex environment with multiple stakeholders across a very large portfolio.
- Ability to undertake significant travel nationally
- Current Driver’s Licence
- Australian citizenship
- Requirement to obtain and retrain a Defence security clearance is essential.