Due to continued growth on our Defence Base Services (DBS) contract, Broadspectrum are seeking to appoint a Operational Services Manager on a Full Time time basis. The Operational Services Manager is responsible for proviting support to the base Manager and base operational service activities within our Defence Base Establishments.
- Managing and Leading the Operational Services team and ensuring the safe delivery of services
- Managing the Operational Services Profit and Loss account for RAAF Tindal Business Unit
- Manage service delivery in Domestic Services, Housekeeping and Hospitality and Catering
- Provide local oversight of service delivery and local management responsibility for Pool Attendants, Range caretakers (Delamere and Bradshaw Ranges) and RESPOL warehouse team
- Manage the quality of Operational Services delivery to ensure contracted service delivery standards are met or exceeded
- Ensuring Operational Services are delivered on time and in accordance with contracted timeframes and planning schedules
- Managing staff rosters and staffing levels to meet service delivery requirements
- Managing operating stock levels and stock rotation
- Ensuring that training, licencing and certification requirements are current for all Operational Services staff
- Participate in Business and Customer Service Delivery Meetings
- Fostering positive client and customer service relationships
- Issue Management and resolution relating to Operational Service delivery and outcomes
- KPI development and reporting
- Management and coordination of Tindal personnel support services activities.
RISK, HEALTH, SAFETY, QUALITY & ENVIRONMENT
- Driving excellence in Risk and HSEQ performance within the Contract/Business Unit
- Comply with Broadspectrum Risk Management, Quality Assurance and Health, Safety and Environment management systems, including statutory obligations.
- Consistently deliver excellent Risk & HSEQ results.
- Drives for zero harm and relentlessly pursues safety.
- Acts as a role model for a positive HSE culture in the workplace; encourage and promote to all new employees
- Initiate actions to prevent the occurrence of non-conformities in processes or systems.
- Identify, initiate, recommend and assist in the issue resolution process.
KEY WORKING RELATIONSHIPS
- This role reports to the EMOS Manager and has working relationships with:
- Senior ADF Officer
- E&IG Base Operational Services Manager
- Broadspectrum Customer Support Manager
- Broadspectrum Operational Service Line Managers and staff
- Client representatives
- Customer representatives
- All operational services employees onsite
- Degree in Hospitality Services, Operations management or equivalent
- Safe Food Handling Certificate
- Responsible Service of Alcohol Certification
- Demonstrable experience in managing budgets
- Demonstrable experience in managing stock holdings and rotation
- Experience in leading a diverse team of employees across multi disciplines
- Demonstrated skills in building strong customer relationships
- Demonstrated skills in managing customer expectations and issues resolution.
- Highly developed problem solving and time management skills
- A commitment to excellent customer service
The incumbent must be an Australian Citizen and able to achieve a Defence Baseline security clearance
It is an expectation that you will inform your manager of an application, if you have been in your current position for less than 12 months, please seek their permission prior to applying.
We acknowledge the importance of our people’s diverse experiences, talents and cultures that they bring to work with them each day. Embracing Diversity and Creating Inclusion is a key component of our Talent Management Strategy. The creation of a Diverse and Inclusive workforce is central to our ability to unlock potential and enhance our success, creating a high-performance business.