The Aroona Alliance is a partnership between the Water Corporation, Suez and Broadspectrum working as one team to deliver operations, maintenance and asset management of the Perth metropolitan water and wastewater production and treatment assets. Aroona’s vision is to drive operational performance and improve the water and wastewater services through its service objectives of Zero Harm, Value for Money, People Capability, Asset Management, Information Management and Water / Wastewater compliance.
As a part of the Senior Leadership Team, the Manager Health, Safety and Environmental will be responsible for driving safety, health and environmental leadership, cultural change and people capability. The team is jointly accountable to deliver on the suite of service objective strategies and targets.
You will also be responsible for driving the transformation of safety and health culture, building a high-performing, engaged workforce and developing employees through innovative safety, health and environmental people management practices.
- Be a leader in Safety, leading by example, promoting, demonstrating and supporting safe working practices in all activities.
- Develop the Environmental and Security strategies to minimise risk and manage the Aroona Environment and Resource team, incorporating environmental, biosolids, treatment residues, energy and ISO certification.
- Manage the development and implementation of improvement initiatives associated with common operational compliance activities and ensure reliable processes are in place to support operations to achieve regulatory compliance.
- Provide business/commercial leadership within the Safety and Environmental Branch and the wider Alliance and will work in collaboration with the Senior Leadership team to drive the effective delivery of a safe work environment within Aroona Alliance.
- Maintain the highest standard of health and safety performance by implementing a personal safety plan, exhibiting behaviours consistent with Health, Safety and Environmental, leading by example with colleagues, team members, acting in accordance with OHSE policies and is fully accountable to drive best practice behavioural safety within the Health, Safety and Environmental teams.
- Set context and role clarity for Team Members, lead the team in the delivery of the tasks, achieving goals, using Team Processes in problem solving and improvement work.
- Improve the performance of direct reports through coaching, mentoring, training, instruction, advice, and direct example, ensure clarity of purpose and performance measures.
- Drive the strategic and operational aspects and efficiency targets for Safety and Environmental Compliance, Security Strategy and Emergency Response Planning.
- Degree Level qualification in Health & Safety and Environmental Management or an equivalent discipline.
- Role model leadership, teamwork and strategic planning ability as a member of the AMT. Oversee the maintenance of the Health, Safety, Environmental, and Energy certification program to continuously improve Aroona Alliance capability to mitigate risks
- Play a lead role in cultivating and promoting efficiency and a willingness to embrace change.
- Demonstrate trust at all times, has the ability to complete tasks as a lone worker. Be responsible for self, show dependability and reliability.
- Demonstrated capability to provide effective leadership in Health & Safety.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate with all levels of management in an industrially-sensitive environment
- Extensive Health & Safety and Environmental management experience in a complex public or private-sector organisation, within a capital intensive industry e.g. mining, manufacturing, construction.
- High level of interpersonal, communicative and negotiation skills commensurate with a dynamic business in a politically and industrially sensitive environment.
- Ability to undertake investigative research to obtain, clarify and validate information which may require explanation and interpretation
If you enjoy a challenge and would like to be part of our dynamic, growing and exciting company, apply now
Aroona Alliance supports a diverse and inclusive work environment as well as equal employment opportunities. We encourage Aboriginal and Torre Strait Islanders and people of culturally diverse backgrounds to apply. For people with disability, we are committed to ensuring an accessible and inclusive work environment enabling full participation in all aspects of employment wherever possible by offering reasonable adjustments.
As part of the recruitment process you will be required to complete pre-employment screening which may include a medical, police clearance and Australian working rights check.
We reserve the right to withdraw this ad prior to the closing date.