Broadspectrum is an operations, maintenance and construction services organisation, operating globally in the resources, energy, industrial, infrastructure, rail, property and defence sectors. This is a diverse and growing business offering the training, opportunities and support you need to begin and build a successful career.
Broadspectrum, a multinational infrastructure services company requires a pro-active Environmental and Stakeholder Manager. This unique dual role will be equally challenging and rewarding for the right candidate.
The responsibilities of the position include:
• Develop, implement, maintain and improve the project
Environmental Management System, policies and
• Ensure compliance with client’s procedures, guidelines
and standards and all statutory and legislative obligations
• Deliver the requirements of the approved Environmental
• Manage all environmental issues including reporting and
• Conduct environmental audits and inspections and risk
assessments as appropriate.
• Providing regular and timely reporting on relevant
environmental management initiatives, incidents and
• Working with the HSE and QA managers to ensure
a consistent approach across related disciplines
(such as OHS and QA).
• Liaising with client environmental management
representatives, regulatory officials and other
relevant parties as required
• Training necessary staff at all levels in
environmental issues and responsibilities;
Community and Stakeholder Management
• On a daily basis, respond to community/stakeholder
enquiries and maintain a database for all complaints
and enquiries in accordance with client requirements
• Contribute to weekly and monthly contract reports
• Build and maintain strong relationships with identified
• Contribute to internal and external communications activities
• Identify opportunities to improve our reputation and the
reputation of our client within the community and the industry
• Act as a ‘champion’ for implementation and management
of the communications management plan
• Ensure compliance with the client’s protocols, guidelines
and procedures in relation to communications and
interactions with the local community in which we work
• Recent Communications experience.
• High level of computer skills including MS Word, Excel
• Time management skills, ability to manage fluctuating
• Highly developed customer service orientation.
• Commitment to best practice, improvement and innovation.
• Self-motivated and able to work independently
• Dispute resolution, collaboration and negotiation skills.
• A technical degree in Environmental Science,
Environmental Engineering or equivalent.
• A minimum of five years experience of environmental
management obtained in an industrial context.
• Demonstrated knowledge and experience with ISO
management systems including ISO 14001:2004.
• Good practical working knowledge of Environmental
Law in Australia.
We acknowledge the importance of our people’s diverse experiences, talents and cultures that they bring to work with them each day. Embracing Diversity and Creating Inclusion is a key component of our Talent Management Strategy. The creation of a Diverse and Inclusive workforce is central to our ability to unlock potential and enhance our success, creating a high-performance business. Position Reference Number: 101616