#CLOSER #BRAVER #FASTER
We currently have an opportunity for a Technical Claims Specialist to join Strata Unit Underwriters. Strata Unit Underwriters (SUU) is a subsidiary of CGU Insurance Limited and a leading provider of quality insurance products associated with strata title and similar type schemes within the Australian insurance market. We are skilled and experienced strata insurance professionals as specialists in our field, and our objective is to excel in all aspects of strata. SUU has a friendly, supportive and collaborative work environment, where talent is actively recognised and developed.
The Technical Claims Specialist is responsible for the successful support and co-ordination of the Technical activities, to ensure business service objectives are achieved. You will develop and implement a continuous improvement framework and provide specialist expertise, advice and process improvement capability to the Claims Team.
Your role will see you provide day to day development, leadership and technical expertise to a team of claims staff engaged in processing customers' claims to ensure customer needs are met in accordance with Claims guidelines.
* Full end to end management of large loss claims >$250,000
* Provide mentoring to Claims Services Team managing their claims <$250,000
* Identify and recommend continuous improvement initiatives designed to uplift SUU's technical claims capability nationally and focuses on capability and competency with ongoing training
* Provide specialist advice on complex claims, solutions and coaching on best practice process design and improvement.
* Identify technical development needs and develop processes for actively sharing technical knowledge and expertise to drive capability uplift within the broader Claims team.
* Conduct claim audits and provide compliance results for the team, both financial and non financial
* Take steps to reduce costs where possible through analysis of audit results
* Ensure that staff are following legislative requirements and adhering to IAG policies and processes
* Resolve complex issues with customers and/or other external stakeholders
* Build and maintain relationships with a portfolio of SUU specific supply panel and manage supplier escalation and alignment with the SUU Business.
* Conduct training sessions with Claim Services Team to maintain core capabilities
Skills & Experience
* Experience in the insurance industry, in intermediated general insurance (over 5 years)
* Strategic orientation, business acumen and strong business development skills
* Large Loss Claims experience (desirable)
* Analytical, problem solving and project management skills
* Demonstrated strength in building strong relationships
* Procurement category and demand management experience (preferred)
* Compliance experience (preferred)
At IAG, we believe that everyone has a unique point of view to share, shaped by their life experiences, cultures & passions. We celebrate and commit to:
#Proud to be me – we value difference, not sameness
#Together – harnessing our collective wisdom enables us to be our best for our customers & each other
#No boxes – it's not about labels, boxes or categories. It's about building a diverse and inclusive mindset into everything we do
IAG is the largest general insurance group in Australia and New Zealand. IAG owns some of the region's most trusted brands, including NRMA Insurance, CGU, SGIO, SGIC, WFI and Swann Insurance.
Start your career journey with us and click ‘Apply'!
In addition to a diverse and inclusive culture, some of our benefits include 13% superannuation, 50% insurance discounts, flexible work and leave options, generous parental leave and return to work program, recognition and reward program, and various corporate partner discounts.
We encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders to apply for this position.